Software
Comodo internet security: https://www.comodo.com/home/internet-security/free-internet-security.php
Installation
4.00 star(s)
Installation Feedback
installation simple;
additional software like browser and extra protection from other programs comodo (does not interfere with your computer);
you can change your home page if you click without reading the message or popup (this allows the distribution of freeware versions,but it is optional)
Interface (UI)
4.00 star(s)
Interface Feedback
interface simple and easy access;
Usability
5.00 star(s)
Usability Feedback
compared to other products, at least in my case that I use since 2006. I never had any problems!
Performance and System Impact
4.00 star(s)
Performance and System Impact Feedback
the program is light and very easy to configure;
standard protection protects very well;
The first update takes a little time;
installation and uninstalling is simple (not bad);
Protection
5.00 star(s)
Protection Feedback
Program protect against ransomware, trojans, spywares;
Firewall excellent protection;
Containment or sandboxing very good!
Real-time file system protection
5.00 star(s)
Internet Surf protection
5.00 star(s)
Proactive Intrusion protection
5.00 star(s)
Network protection
5.00 star(s)
Pros
  1. It's a free software
  2. Lots of great features
  3. Low impact on system resources
  4. Highly configurable
  5. Easy to use
  6. Ransomware protection
  7. Strong and reliable protection
  8. Blocks even brand new malware
  9. Effective malicious URL blocking
  10. Effective malware removal
  11. Well designed, clear interface
  12. Multiple layers of protection
Cons
  1. Scans can be rather slow
Software installed on computer
More than 1 year
Computer Specifications
Requirement:
windows 7 with updates KB4474419 and KB3033929 installed, windows 8 and windows 10
2 gigas RAM;
CPU pentium
Recommended for
  1. All types of users
  2. Device is shared by family members
  3. Banking or other financial activity
Overall Rating
5.00 star(s)
Disclaimer
  1. Any views or opinions expressed are that of the member giving the information and may be subjective.
    This software may behave differently on your device.

We encourage you to compare these opinions with others and take informed decisions on what security products to use.
    Before buying a product you should consider factors such as price, ease of use, compatibility, and support. Installing a free trial version allows an antivirus to be tested in everyday use before purchase.

cruelsister

Level 37
Verified
Trusted
Content Creator
Vitali- For a CF download, go here: Free Firewall

and click the free Firewall box.

As to shutting off the anti-malware component:

a). Go into Settings>Advanced Protection>VirusScope and uncheck Enable VirusScope
b). Go into Settings>File Rating>File Rating Settings and uncheck the Enable Cloud lookup box

Personally I don't suggest that you do either of the above as neither VirusScope nor Cloud lookup should present any issues.

Hope this helped!

Meghan

Vitali Ortzi

Level 20
Verified
Vitali- For a CF download, go here: Free Firewall

and click the free Firewall box.

As to shutting off the anti-malware component:

a). Go into Settings>Advanced Protection>VirusScope and uncheck Enable VirusScope
b). Go into Settings>File Rating>File Rating Settings and uncheck the Enable Cloud lookup box

Personally I don't suggest that you do either of the above as neither VirusScope nor Cloud lookup should present any issues.

Hope this helped!

Meghan
Thanks very much .
Yeah essentially I thought it was CIS since in the installation process it states so and the process names like CIS.exe confused me a little but if the above would work it would be as light as CF was in one of my old systems not that it wasn't way lighter then any AV I tested before hand but every small improvement count's in overall system responsiveness :)

Chuck57

Level 4
Verified
I installed all of CIS, including antivirus. It's not the best in tests, but it's much, much lighter overall than Win Defender. Total, Firewall and antivirus is running right at 40MB. Scans are a bit slow, but not as slow as Defender on this box, and in the real world, the couple of other people I know swear by Comodo antivirus. I think it's the firewall that's caught stuff, and they think it's antivirus. All in all, Comodo firewall will do the job, and maybe the AV will help a little.