Comodo IS Version 5.8.213334.2131

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
RE: Comodo IS v5.8 final

umbrapolaris said:
small tip: to avoid the first full scan asked by CIS (and change the orange shield in the UI into green), add *.* to the exclusions list (antivirus tab), it will do a scan during around 2mn., then the shield will become green, then remove *.* from the exclusion list

Note that the shield status will reset after about a month. So if you like a green shield, you'll need to do this regularly.

gbpackerfan

Jun 14, 2011

Someone should write a complaint to Comodo telling them to disable that yellow shield. It bugs the heck outta me!

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011

gbpackerfan said:
Someone should write a complaint to Comodo telling them to disable that yellow shield. It bugs the heck outta me!

You could?

bogdan

Level 1
Jan 7, 2011

Oh well, I guess they are forcing users to run a scan from time to time.
Another interesting addition in the new version: alert reducing settings in CIS - described on their forum.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011

bogdan said:
Oh well, I guess they are forcing users to run a scan from time to time.
Another interesting addition in the new version: alert reducing settings in CIS - described on their forum.

Well that is always good to hear. Hate when antivirus popup in your face all the time.

Nathan Wootton

Level 1
May 25, 2011
RE: Comodo IS v5.8 final released (from v5.8 beta internal updater)

umbrapolaris said:
House_maniac said:
i must say its much lighter!

yes around 11-15k working set for both processes, few suites can say the same.

ejzpqr.png

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author

Version 5.8.213334.2131

20 October / 2011

-CMC is not show properly
-Startup folders are not configured for all users

bogdan

Level 1
Jan 7, 2011
Is the "Do not show antivirus alerts" box (with the option Quarantine Threats) safe to select? I remember that at some point detections from the cloud (CIMA) were deleted instead of being quarantined.

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
bogdan said:
Is the "Do not show antivirus alerts" box (with the option Quarantine Threats) safe to select? I remember that at some point detections from the cloud (CIMA) were deleted instead of being quarantined.

actually it quarantine the malware automatically without problem, without notification if you also not tick "show notification message"

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.