http://malwaretips.com/Thread-Comodo-AV-vs-Avira-vs-21390-malwares

Reactions: Logethica

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
YES - Comodo Internet Security 6 BETA is full of known and undiscovered bugs.

Check the Comodo Forums to see the full list of problems.

Please see below:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_release_life_cycle#Beta

It's whether you feel secured using Comodo AV or Avast AV.

There's no right or wrong answer, however if I was -never going to happen- a Comodo user, I would use CIS standalone.

Considering the benefits of Avast AV, I may decide to use Avast AV + Comodo Firewall.

madyrocksin

Jul 30, 2012
if you dont want to use CIS, u can couple CFW with Avast or ESET they both work very light and efficiently
obviously dont forget to do the exclusion :D

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
@Unknown,

That's because you suggested using Comodo Internet Security (Full Suite) AND another AV.

Please don't confuse yourself between CIS and Comodo Firewall. :D

MrExplorer

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Nov 15, 2012
Earth said:
@Unknown,

That's because you suggested using Comodo Internet Security (Full Suite) AND another AV.

Sorry for mistake.
But i am now also not sured which one is better

Reactions: Logethica

madyrocksin

Jul 30, 2012
Unknown said:
Earth said:
@Unknown,

Sorry for mistake.

Best way is to try and decide urself every user has its own need and preferences, with suggestions you can only have an idea about the product :)

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
Unknown said:
Earth said:
@Unknown,

Sorry for mistake.

What is better for one user could be the worst for another user.
The only way you can find out it try it yourself, we can not pick for you.

I use Avast with ZoneAlarm Free and I would not give this combo up because it is very light and never messes with my programs or causes any problems, never has to be tweaked or re-configured and has less bugs then other firewalls.

Thanks.:D

P

Plexx

Littlebits said:
I use Avast with ZoneAlarm Free and I would not give this combo up because it is very light and never messes with my programs or causes any problems, never has to be tweaked or re-configured and has less bugs then other firewalls.

Not every firewall has that much bugs.

Personal preference nevertheless is ok but justifying that ZA has less bugs than other firewalls is not completely accurate.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
Biozfear said:
Littlebits said:

Not every firewall has that much bugs.

Personal preference nevertheless is ok but justifying that ZA has less bugs than other firewalls is not completely accurate.

I guess I didn't word that correctly, what I meant to say, out of all of the firewalls that I have tried over many years, I experienced far less bugs with ZoneAlarm Free compared to all of the rest using many different systems. And yes all firewall have bugs especially the ones with HIPS, just go into any support forum and the bug report section is the largest.

P

Plexx

Littlebits said:
I guess I didn't word that correctly, what I meant to say, out of all of the firewalls that I have tried over many years, I experienced far less bugs with ZoneAlarm Free compared to all of the rest using many different systems. And yes all firewall have bugs especially the ones with HIPS, just go into any support forum and the bug report section is the largest.

If I have misunderstood your original post, I apologize up front.

I do agree with HIPS Firewalls having more issues occasionally but as we all know, every product is more of a hit or miss to some users.

One user might swear by OA Free and recommend to everyone while another user on an exact same system only see's troubles.

As for OP question:

any free av (Panda/AVG/avast!/MSE) + Comodo firewall/ZA/OA Free/Windows 7 Firewall/Windows 7 firewall + Tinywall/Windows 7 + Windows 7 firewall control/Windows 7 firewall + PrivateFirewall combos are all viable.

An alternative could be full suite CIS (free) or ZoneAlarm Free Antivirus + Firewall (both from ZA, not a combo of different vendors).

In the end of the day, you will need to test out which one you prefer:
For av:
*Do you want few processes or many processes? Do you prefer BB or other zero day?
*Do you prefer high detection rate or more prevention?

As for Firewall: What exactly are you looking in the firewall department? *Full Control of outbound connections (if so you can skip windows 7 built in firewall on its own (not the combos).
*Do you want HIPS or doesn't really matter?
*Does a particular firewall causes issues on your system or has great impact or not?

Those are the types of questions one should and could only answer for himself.

We all can give our opinions based on our experiences but the final call is the user's call.

Fiery

Level 1
Jan 11, 2011
Umbra Corp. said:
CIS v5, the light and efficient

Agreed. CIS v5 uses about 9-20mb RAM (on my laptop atleast) so it's not too heavy. I've been using CIS for atleast 2 years and it works great though avast's AV in my opinion is better but Defense+ will catch almost everything if the comodo AV missed it.

Personally I like suites so I don't have to update multiple programs, especially when there is a version change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.