My Last: I would be using Comodo Internet Security 5.12

i finalise by the help of the Umbra Corp. post

http://malwaretips.com/Thread-Comodo-AV-vs-Avira-vs-21390-malwares

Reactions: Logethica
P

Plexx

Unknown said:
Please explain it. not able to understand

What exactly you do not understand? If you could list, we could attempt to explain in several ways.

If you are referring to web protection, users already explained: Web protection. Meaning it detects sites that are or have infections.

avast!, ESET, Kaspersky, BD all have that module.

Comodo doesn't so one can use K9 Web Protection which is a free low resources download.

As for antivirus detection both avast! and comodo are more or less on the same boat.

What you need to look for and I have suggested already is: what features you want in the combo.

if you want avast features that comodo av doesn't have, then you know you will be using avast. If it doesn't matter, then you can choose either one.

MrExplorer

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Nov 15, 2012
Biozfear said:
If you are referring to web protection, users already explained: Web protection. Meaning it detects sites that are or have infections.

avast!, ESET, Kaspersky, BD all have that module.

Thanks
Does CIS has Detection Better then ESET or Lesser than ESET

P

Plexx

Unknown said:
Thanks

ESET slightly better detection rate in general, but then removal capabilities CIS surpasses. Also CIS zero day protection is more mature than ESET.

House_maniac

Level 1
Sep 21, 2011
Biozfear said:
Unknown said:
Thanks

ESET slightly better detection rate in general, but then removal capabilities CIS surpasses. Also CIS zero day protection is more mature than ESET.

true eset is good too but zeroday protection is better in CIS with a more mature sandbox and hips! and also check this if you want an idea
http://www.shadowserver.org/wiki/pmwiki.php/AV/VirusDailyStats

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
House_maniac said:
Biozfear said:
Unknown said:
Thanks

true eset is good too but zeroday protection is better in CIS with a more mature sandbox and hips! and also check this if you want an idea
http://www.shadowserver.org/wiki/pmwiki.php/AV/VirusDailyStats

Unless you are a user who clicks on anything and don't watch what you download, you should not be too concern about zero-day malware because almost all have to be manually download and executed by the user. Other zero-day malware works on vulnerabilities in out-dated web browsers and plugins like Java and flash. Then there are the extremely rare zero-day malware that works on vulnerabilities in the OS which nothing can block except for patches to the OS and virtualization not even sandboxing, behavior blocking or HIPS can block them since they can go right around the OS without getting detected, some have even been reported to bypass virtualization. Those type of zero-day usually only apply to business systems. So most home users should have to worry.

There is no 100% protection from zero-day malware.
Most antivirus have problems detecting most of them.
Keeping all of your web applications updated and watch about downloading unknown files and visiting unknown sites is more effective then depending on your antivirus. Always apply the latest updates to your OS also can block vulnerabilities in your OS.
HIPS, behavior blocking, sandboxing and virtualization also can block most zero-day malware that get pass the user, antivirus and vulnerability patches but still don't provide 100% protection, since some have been reported to bypass the OS completely and go undetected. Although they are rare but still exists.

So don't get it in your head that your HIPS, behavior blocking, sandboxing and virtualization will offer 100% protection because it can not.

To me all security software offers a false sense of security and actually causes users to make risky actions because they believe that they are 100% protected.

Thanks.:D

MrExplorer

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Nov 15, 2012
My Last: I would be using Comodo Internet Security 5.12
i finalise by the help of the Umbra Corp. post

http://malwaretips.com/Thread-Comodo-AV-...0-malwares

Spirit

Level 2
May 17, 2012
Finally Unknown have decided to use Cis and Earth have decided to award +5 kuddos for his decision .

Earth:+5 for the relief or his good choice :p ?

Spirit

Level 2
May 17, 2012
Hey, in your security config I see you are using ess then why not stick with the same as its an excellent product.
Any issue regarding eset?

I

illumination

I was going to suggest CIS itself also, but see everyone has come to that basic conclusion, although I was kinda shocked with Earths :p :D

MrExplorer

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Nov 15, 2012
Stranger said:
Hey, in your security config I see you are using ess then why not stick with the same as its an excellent product.
Any issue regarding eset?

i don't want to buy an antivirus for my windows 7

I

illumination

Unknown said:
i don't want to buy an antivirus for my windows 7

With the "Free" options available, you shouldn't have to now days. Using the Free security as well as several security related extensions one can use in their browser's, is generally more then enough along with using the ole common sense.

MrExplorer

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Nov 15, 2012
CIS.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.