Comodo might come back from the grave

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

ForgottenSeer 98186

The CVE is a standard weighted vulnability and exposure assessment, above 7 is a serious problem.
CVEs are created all the time and vendors refuse to fix them. It is up to the vendor to decide if they think it is a legitimate problem. Microsoft, for example, has refused to fix literally hundreds of CVEs over the years. It takes a lot more than just a CVE. Just because the CVE is created, that does not mean something is a real threat. Obviously you did not know this fact.

Overwrite file contents with NULL bytes means that they are overwritten with low values (all zeroes).
You just provided a basic definition. The bug does not state that the overwrite can be made everywhere on the system (which, by the way it cannot because of Windows' own built-in permissions structure).

So again, please give a specific example of how that bug can be used to compromise a system?

With Set and Delete Volume Mount points you can set and delete the links and references of a folder structure.
lol, why are you just stating the definition? Where is the proof that it is a real problem?

This means you can mess around with data (for instance to escape the sandbox).
Really? Please explain - you have to give examples, not generalizations - of how the mount point function can be used to mess with data. Can it be used to definitely unmount the operating system drive? Explain how a created mount point can be used to manipulate data whenever there is no other process that has escaped the sandbox?

• HaHa
Reactions: ForgottenSeer 97327

Trident

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
It is a freeware product. Melih and Comodo do not owe anybody anything. If people do not like how Comodo does things, then they can use another vendor's product.

It is a very simple concept that even a 5 year old can understand.
The very same free product comes in a not-so-free flavour as well. So it’s a real business with real products and real people are paying real money for it. Also, it is not great to leave people with a false sense of security “because this is a free product”. Comodo, (not he as he is not the whole organisation), owes users a stable and secure product. The applicable laws where Comodo is registered and actively trading require every product to be fit for its purpose.
Who said "Comodo does not need updates"? Nobody on this forum nor at Comodo ever said that.
Wasn’t it you and Melih who claimed “it works ok without any updates”?

Last edited:
F

ForgottenSeer 98186

You are just diminishing what everyone says and attempting to make people look incompetent to support a product of your choice.
Nobody here is trying to make anyone look incompetent. If someone states reported bugs are "very serious holes" in protection, then it is on them to prove what they are claiming with demonstrable methods. They cannot just state there are "very serious holes" based upon assumptions and generalizations.

I do not use Comodo. Never have.

Did do some tests inside VirtualBox.

So far, I didn’t see you answer any of my questions, neither I see you providing any evidence that the 6 key issues I enumerated in a post above are not true.
What 6 key issues? That Comodo has bugs and it takes the company a long time to make updates? That is how Comodo has operated since the company began.

Everybody knows this. Nobody disputes it.

Reactions: simmerskool

Bumblebee Uncle

Level 3
Well-known
Mar 15, 2022
View attachment 272722

"I too have a 2 year old CIS on my computers and they it just works! ;)"

-- Melih

LOL

View attachment 272723
View attachment 272724

Obviously nobody here bothers to read what Melih says... lol

There is no dedicated CF\CIS developer team at Comodo. Melih has them working on other projects all the time but it seems people cannot figure this out. For the past two years Melih had his development team working on his other company projects (Melih owns multiple companies) and then the Xcitium project.

View attachment 272725
View attachment 272726
are you some kind of apologist for Melih? what is wrong with you? Such huge levels of worship and adoration - for what? just to prove your point?

Pico

Level 4
Feb 6, 2023
It is a freeware product. Melih and Comodo do not owe anybody anything. If people do not like how Comodo does things, then they can use another vendor's product.

It is a very simple concept that even a 5 year old can understand.
Melih and Comodo don't owe anything to anybody not even to their paying home users.
Not surprising that people move away from using Comodo products...

Bumblebee Uncle

Level 3
Well-known
Mar 15, 2022
This is absolute heights of ignorance I have ever seen @Oerlink

Keep worshipping Melih and Comodo. No one has said these are bad products but well - I cannot keep repeating the same things I did yesterday and others such as @Trident @Decopi @goodjohnjr all have put!

You really are diminishing what everyone says and attempting to make people look incompetent to support a product of your choice as @Trident so eloquently put! Let this go!

F

ForgottenSeer 98186

are you some kind of apologist for Melih?
No. Melih needs to make no apologies. He provides a freeware protection and does not owe anybody anything. If anybody does not like how he does things, then they can use another vendor's product.

So why would Melih ever need to make an apology?

what is wrong with you?
Nothing is wrong with me.

Such huge levels of worship and adoration - for what?
Where am I worshipping and adoring Melih?

I merely copy-pasta'd Melih's posts he made on the Comodo forum. Melih speaks for himself.

just to prove your point?
Merely proving that people here are making statements that are not factual. That is all.

Trident

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
Nobody here is trying to make anyone look incompetent. If someone states reported bugs are "very serious holes" in protection, then it is on them to prove what they are claiming with demonstrable methods. They cannot just state there are "very serious holes" based upon assumptions and generalizations.

I do not use Comodo. Never have.

Did do some tests inside VirtualBox.

What 6 key issues? That Comodo has bugs and it takes the company a long time to make updates? That is how Comodo has operated since the company began.

Everybody knows this. Nobody disputes it.
The 6 key issues are there in my original post, I can’t repost everything few times but you can go back and check.
If this statement that Comodo has always taken long time to fix bug is true, as you say (I am extremely disinterested in hobby projects and don’t monitor Comodo closely so you know better… I like professional and premium products from businesses that know what they are doing)… so, if this statement is true then why are you preaching this is a great product and why do you argue with people?

You’ve went out of your way round and round and round in circles, and you’ve just repeated what everyone else has said - that Comodo takes long time to fix bugs 🤣🤣🤣
Are you bored at home?

Download Comodo or call Melih Abdulayoglu for a little chat and stop attacking users on this forum.

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
The very same free product comes in a not-so-free flavour as well. So it’s a real business with real products and real people are paying real money for it. Also, it is not great to leave people with a false sense of security “because this is a free product”. Comodo, (not he as he is not the whole organisation), owes users a stable and secure product. The applicable laws where Comodo is registered and actively trading require every product to be fit for its purpose.

Wasn’t it you and Melih who claimed “it works ok without any updates”?
I thought it was that despite the lack of updates Comodo still provided good security and worked. Not necessary that it didn’t need updates.

Also this sounds like they do indeed have updates towards their technology just not with CIS

Reactions: simmerskool
F

ForgottenSeer 98186

Melih and Comodo don't owe anything to anybody not even to their paying home users.
Who said that Comodo does not owe anything to their paying home users? Those who pay for Comodo products get technical support. That is why they pay. They are NOT paying for the software itself.

Not surprising that people move away from using Comodo products...
Comodo has never made popular products among home users except for security geeks.

Melih's companies are not reliant upon revenue from the software products he makes available for free.

Trident

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
Also this sounds like they do indeed have updates towards their technology just not with CIS
Updates towards any technology that is not cloud-based require to be put in a nice little package 📦
Which later on gets pushed as an update and the version number increments in a certain way… just a quick thought.

Decopi

Level 6
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
This is absolute heights of ignorance I have ever seen @Oerlink

Just complementing:
"Ignorance"... or "paid money"?
Nowadays people are well paid to said the most ridiculous arguments in the web, specially in forums, specially in security forums.
How someone can be almost full time days and days defending the undefendable, if not by being paid?
How someone systematically can be bullying every single each argument against Comodo, and also at the same time (full job) opening new post promoting Comodo... if not by being paid?
It's not an accusation. It's a fair question.

F

ForgottenSeer 98186

Btw a user of this forum or a user of Comodo product, or any other user in fact, is not obliged to understand Microsoft’s low-level hardware management, APIs or any other part of the Windows operating system.
A person that claims "there is a very serious security hole in Windows" certainly does need to know what they are talking about before they say it. That is a basic standard that is widely accepted. They cannot just say "there is a very serious security hole because I see there is a bug report posted on a forum."

Trident

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
Just complementing:
"Ignorance"... or "paid money"?
Nowadays people are well paid to said the most ridiculous arguments in the web, specially in forums, specially in security forums.
How can someone be almost full time days and days defending the undefendable, if not by being paid?
How can someone systematically be bullying every single each argument against Comodo, and also at the same time (full job) opening new post promoting Comodo... if not by being paid?
It's not an accusation. It's a simple question.
Btw now that you are saying that, I remember years ago I commented on a ridiculous Comodo post on Favebook. I believe it was about 6-7 years ago. A highly-passionate and unprofessional employee copied my comment, reposted it on their wall and claimed I was “quick to poo poo Comodo”.
They then proceeded to block me on the page and called me a “Bitdefender employee”… as a child I had the Bitdefender dragon wolf as a cover picture on Facebook. Other than that, I am in no way associated with Bitdefender.

Reactions: Decopi
F

ForgottenSeer 98186

How someone systematically can be bullying every single each argument against Comodo
Bullying? Oh, you mean because I will not agree with your false statements, therefore I am a bully.

lmfao :ROFLMAO:

Not anything I have posted comes close to bullying. I gave you every opportunity to prove that Comodo's protections are diminished on Windows 11. You have done nothing on this thread except rant-post about "fanboys" and "fangirls." It is obvious that you are targeting cruelsister's videos, and then put words into her mouth - making it out that she said things that she never did here.

How someone can be almost full time days and days defending the undefendable, if not by being paid?
There is nothing to defend because you have proven nothing, despite repeated requests that you provide evidence.

Maybe I am a Russian troll paid by Comodo and maybe I am rich and do not need to work, or maybe, just maybe, I am Melih undercover.

Is that all you have got? They are making sound arguments I cannot defeat for days and so how can he do that if Melih is not paying them?

:ROFLMAO:

Trident

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
A person that claims "there is a very serious security hole in Windows" certainly does need to know what they are talking about before they say it. That is a basic standard that is widely accepted. They cannot just say "there is a very serious security hole because I see there is a bug report posted on a forum."
Sweetheart, users can say anything, they are users and their custom or usage attracts investors, shareholders and profit. Without the users there will be no business and instead of developing mediocre software on samaritan basis, you will be checking purchases out at the local Turkish off-license.

Businesses on the other side are required to be professional. Keep that in mind 😜

Reactions: SeriousHoax

Decopi

Level 6
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
You just like to read the Comodo forum in stead of a newspaper, follow Melih on social media and memorize all Melih's post and quotes by heart, perfectly normal behavior 🤣

Not to forget that "The Chosen One" also said he has fluent contact with Comodo God Melih, and "The Chosen One" also worked for long time with Comodo support team... everything perfect normal behavior for a nice simple guy that never used Comodo and never touched a dime from Comodo.

F

ForgottenSeer 98186

You just like to read the Comodo forum in stead of a newspaper, follow Melih on social media and memorize all Melih's post and quotes by heart, perfectly normal behavior 🤣
Who reads newspapers? There are no more newspapers, like.. since 2000.

So I follow Melih just because I provided a link to his LinkedIn and Twitter pages here? How can somebody follow someone on social media whenever that person does not ever make posts to their account? You sure do make a lot of baseless extrapolations.

"Memorize posts and quotes by heart." Where?

You have to try a lot harder than this. You are so desperate.

users can say anything, they are users and their custom or usage attracts investors, shareholders and profit.
Sure. Users can say anything. Nobody is stopping all the posts being made on this thread by those who claim there are "very serious holes" in Comodo security, but supply no evidence and do not even understand the potential of malicious action in a 20 word sentence in a bug report.

Investors, shareholders, profit do not apply to Comodo. That company is not reliant upon what users on MalwareTips thinks. Comodo is privately owned, and Melih has made enough money without CF\CIS to start his own venture capital firm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.