COMODO System Utilities 4.0 (Discontinued)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ayanami

Thread author
Jan 14, 2012
https://forums.comodo.com/news-announcements-feedback-csu/comodo-system-utilities-40-released-t82332.0.html

We are happy to announce that Comodo System Utilities 4.0 FREE has been released to the public.

FREE version features:
----------------------------------------------

- Registry Cleaner
- Privacy Cleaner
- Disk Cleaner
- Profile based scan and clean
- Scan and Clean schedule
- Shredder
- Force Delete
- Autoruns Manager
- Registry Defragmenter
- Backup is done using COMODO Backup API

Known issues:
----------------------------------------
None that we know of

Bug Reports:

Please use https://forums.comodo.com/news-announcements-feedback-csu/comodo-system-utilities-40-bug-reports-t82331.0.html to report your bugs. Our moderators collect these bugs and submit them to the devs.

Download Locations:

Setup for Windows Vista 32-bit and 64-bit, Windows 2003 Server 32-bit and 64-bit, Windows XP 32-bit and 64-bit, Windows 2008 Server 32-bit and 64-bit, Windows 7 32-bit and 64-bit:

URL: http://download.comodo.com/csc/download/setups/CSU_FREE_4.0.226743.26_xp_vista_server2003_server2008_win7.exe
Size : 12,9 MB (13.530.592 bytes)
MD5 : 6d8a51607f64379a7cfb21f4bbdebe0b
SHA1 : 93e094813810cb908a3ca65ffa89694d5e5c561d

Portable version 32 bit:
URL: http://download.comodo.com/csc/download/setups/CSU_PORTABLE_4.0.226276.23_xp_vista_server2003_server2008_win7_32bit.zip
Size : 6,53 MB (6.853.377 bytes)
MD5 : a0311007fe6f9a54eda43f6b6ac41dc2
SHA1 : 652b7a44a77fddcb01d5ac3ae9c67a267aafb518

Portable version 64 bit:
URL: http://download.comodo.com/csc/download/setups/CSU_PORTABLE_4.0.226276.23_xp_vista_server2003_server2008_win7_64bit.zip
Size : 7,96 MB (8.357.012 bytes)
MD5 : 8e840d7a2f745a8b7095b89baa13b9c8
SHA1 : 14e4cbac23d7602ddfc92b8e994f1c00f94c5023

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
Forgot to add a product page.
Download link on the product page is not v.4.0, it is still v.3.0 (which is a trial of the pro version).
Can't find a download link for the free version on Comodo's sites or any of the other popular download sites, except for Comodo forums.

I wonder why Comodo has a habit of only posting new free versions in their forums?
It was released to the forum members but not to the public.

Many users like to read user reviews from download sites before trying a software to get some kind of idea if it is worth their time.

Screenshots of v.3.0, v.4.0 may be different.
new-ui-1.png

Nice GUI, I have not tried this product, so I'm not going to make any commits yet.

I plan to download the portable version and try it out when I get some free time.

If someone has some more recent screenshots, please post them.

Good day.:D

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Littlebits said:
I plan to download the portable version and try it out when I get some free time.

Not 100% sure, but Comodo might leave some files around your computer. Even for the "Portable" version.

Edit: It might be another product I speak of, so Ignore this.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Curiosity made me download the 64-bit Portable.

Edit: The Autorun Manager's settings can 'Automatically disable Unsigned items (off by default) and/or Automatically disable Infected items (on by default).

KPNK2.png

wi8QK.png

EsdIG.png

FSBah.png

savit

Level 1
Apr 9, 2011
image1uad.jpg

why???????? :huh: who can resolve?

Account : Administrator
Run as... : Administrator

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011
savit said:
image1uad.jpg

It might be a bug unless you didn't run it as admin. left click on the it and then run as admin

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
$29.99 for 1 Year for CSU Pro, are you kidding me?

http://secure.comodo.com/home/purchase.php?pid=15

savit

Level 1
Apr 9, 2011
Valentin N said:
savit said:
image1uad.jpg

It might be a bug unless you didn't run it as admin. left click on the it and then run as admin

Resolved. :rolleyes: NO Bug!

COMODO System Utilities Service (CSUService) have Dependencies 'Terminal Services (TermService)' of windows.

so

Terminal Services (TermService) - must Started (Manual or Automatic)

if stopped Terminal Services (TermService), stopped COMODO System Utilities Service (CSUService,Automatic Status)

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
Ok I finally got a chance to try CSU.

My over-all impression - it is a nice product.
It it very stable, easy to use and configure.
What I like about it the most is how it displays results of the selected scans in an easy to read format.

Of coarse I'm not a fan of registry cleaners since some can cause more damage than help the system. But they do have their place especially fixing corrupted software installations problems.
CSU Registry Cleaner has the options to make backups and create System Restore points before cleaning which most other registry cleaners have now days. Of coarse if an entree is remove that causes boot problems, it can be complicated to restore backups without advanced methods.

The Registry Cleaner, Disk Cleaner and Privacy have some nice features like displaying different cleaning methods. I ran all cleaners on my system at the default settings and had no problems so far after rebooting my system.

But before running the cleaners, I found a strange entrees in my Boot Execute:
image000sd.png

I checked my boot execute with several tools (Emsisoft Hijack Free, Sysinternals Autoruns, WinPatrol, Windows 7 Manager's Advanced Startup Manager, RunScanner, etc. these strange entrees were not there. I also ran Kaspersky TDSSKiller, Rootkit Revealer and GMER and searched from hidden registry keys and they found nothing.

image001ui.png

Nothing found in Registry Editor either:
image002cx.png

CSU is the only tool that found these strange Boot Execute entrees.

Anyone else find anything strange in their Boot Execute?

Thanks.:D

savit

Level 1
Apr 9, 2011
COMODO System Utilities Service (CSUService) have Dependencies 'Terminal Services (TermService)' of windows.

so

Terminal Services (TermService) - must Started (Manual or Automatic)

if stopped Terminal Services (TermService), stopped COMODO System Utilities Service (CSUService,Automatic Status)

CSU developer 'Razvan Raschitor' talked 'fix the problem with terminal server service' :heart:

source

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
Update: About strange entrees found in my Boot Execute.

After rebooting my system for the second time, they are no longer listed in CSU.
I have did several more reboots and they never appeared again.

I guess I will never know what the heck these entrees were and why CSU was the only tool to find them. It was apparent that they didn't exists since they were not in the location or didn't have any registry values.

Good day.:D

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
Comodo System Utilities Free just appeared on Softpedia today, however there is not a download link for the portable version.

Enjoy!!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.