App Review Comparative : F-Secure vs Bitdefender vs ESET vs Kaspersky

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
Content created by
Shadowra

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
I have noticed Google's AV seems to do better on Virus Total than most of these AV's. Could you test it please?
I am unclear what you mean by "Google's AV seems to do better on Virus Total..." I vaguely recall from distant past that VT ranked AV somehow, but I was looking around at VT after I saw your post and did not see any reference to ranking or Google AV doing better (I am semi-blind in one eye). How / where do I see what you're seeing. Thanks.

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
Thank you for your brilliant video, tests and comparison and most importantly your summary of results (which i do not find in most tests for quick review).

But I'd recommend you to add a line at the end, something like, that the video should not responsible for people to move away from their current antivirus because the product performed well on this particular test.

I'm guilty like many others in the past to frequently change antivirus as soon as one performs better than the other.

Either of the 4 does a good job to protect you from nearly 99% of all threats and there's no best among them. An average user might even not encounter malware like this.

franz

Level 8
Verified
Well-known
May 29, 2021
I believe VS is not free anymore, maybe you could find an older free version but there are inherent risks to using outdated software.
I just downloaded 7.0.0.0 and I can run it also as a free program

Reactions: Jack and Shadowra

stevethetester

Level 1
Verified
Jan 3, 2016
i have kaspersky plus and have used it for some time now. i have noticed it to be light on resources, very quick to run and update as well as a marked improvement on web page loading speeds. Plus you get unlimited vpn.I would say it's a no brainer and the different solutions are heavily discounted at the minute with black friday deals. Hope this helps, Steve

franz

Level 8
Verified
Well-known
May 29, 2021
I tried out the standard version, but after reading what Kaspersky writes, I'm waiting. I want a finished product I can trust so for now, i am using Kaspersky internet security: Kaspersky will begin to roll out the product line globally based on the experience and feedback of early access users.

Shadowra

Level 33
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
@Shadowra For ESET, how much does changing the detection settings to aggressive(also runtime packers and advanced heuristics) improve the detection?
Only if you are in a risky surfing context...
For an ordinary user, the modification does not bring anything and can cause false positives

Sunshine-boy

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2017
Hi, pls also test this.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.