Compare your PC performance score with MT members [New edition]

jackuars

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
6 years ago on MT, i created a similar thread here, and am sure many of you have upgraded your systems or bought new ones.

We will use Novabench( download here) for benchmarking our systems, the download size for the same however has increased from 5MB from last time to 95MB. Hope that's okay.

Optionally, you may also run Passmark (download here) which has a better suite with in-depth details, but it takes 4 times as long as Novabench to complete and also is trial only version.

Note: For best results close all applications while running the test.

Post your results here with screenshot after testing:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

jackuars Laptop.

1. Novabench Score: 740

4mCXfqj.png

2. PassMark score: 1191.7

M1fC2M3.png

____________________________________________________________________________________________

Updated standings to reflect latest scores (22/01/2021):

Novabench standings:

1. @blackice - 4339
2. @SecurityNightmares - 4111
3. @TairikuOkami - 3743
4. @Cleo - 3728
5. @I Walk MY Way - 3685
6. @rain2reign - 3375
7. @Alexhousek - 3335
8. @mlnevese - 2632
9. @SecureKongo - 2628
10. @Noche - 2512

PassMark standings:

1. @SecurityNightmares - 8205
2. @blackice - 8174
3. @TairikuOkami - 7055
4. @JoyousBudweiser - 6521
5. @rain2reign - 6192
6. @sepik - 5588
7. @I Walk MY Way - 5414
8. @Noche - 4794
9. @CyberTech - 4149
10. @DJ Panda - 3533

Last edited by a moderator:

sepik

Level 11
Verified
Well-known
Aug 21, 2018
Here's my results:
Lenovo Legion Desktop PC
CPU: I5-8400 mhz
Memory: 16 GB 2666mhz DDR4 (vendor: Ramaxel)
Storage: 256 GB Nvme (Samsung OEM model)
GPU: Nvidia 1060 3GB (Zotac OEM model)
Display: Philips 3270QP 32" (2560x1440)

passmarksepik.jpg

novasepik.jpg

EDIT:
My Nvme is Samsung OEM model, so windows uses its own generic surface nvme driver. However, via device manager you can "force" it to use Samsung EVO models v3.3 driver. This gives a lot better disk performance for Samsung OEM Nvme drives.

Last edited:

sepik

Level 11
Verified
Well-known
Aug 21, 2018
@mlnevese
Of course it does not install, because Samsung does not support their OEM brands, via Samsung Magician Software.
What i did:
Downloaded https://s3.ap-northeast-2.amazonaws...281A78151C/Samsung_NVM_Express_Driver_3.3.exe

Run and install. Then go to device manager, storage controllers, open up storage controller branch, check "surface driver". Right click it and update driver, click browse my computer for Driver Software, then click "let me pick...etc" and Samsung Evo v3.3 driver should be there to choose from. Install it, reboot. Remember to do diskmark benchmark before windows own generic driver and with this forced one. You will be surprised. I was. :D

Kind regards,
-sepik

mlnevese

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
@mlnevese
Of course it does not install, because Samsung does not support their OEM brands, via Samsung Magician Software.
What i did:
Downloaded https://s3.ap-northeast-2.amazonaws...281A78151C/Samsung_NVM_Express_Driver_3.3.exe

Run and install. Then go to device manager, storage controllers, open up storage controller branch, check "surface driver". Right click it and update driver, click browse my computer for Driver Software, then click "let me pick...etc" and Samsung Evo v3.3 driver should be there to choose from. Install it, reboot. Remember to do diskmark benchmark before windows own generic driver and with this forced one. You will be surprised. I was. :D

Kind regards,
-sepik

I will try it when I get home then I'll post my benchmarks :) Thanks :)

*UPDATE*
Tried it and it won't install saying no compatible drive was detected. Tried to open the installer and it has many generic name files.

ScreenShot.PNG

Capturar.PNG

Last edited:

Lenny_Fox

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 1, 2019
Haha my 10 year old laptop with dual core pentium with 5400 rpm harddisk died when I helped an uncle setting up his new laptop (and router), so he gave his old desktop (it was state of the art when he bought it). My cold startup with Edge when from (measured with AppTimer) improved from 3.7 seconds to 1.2 (and repetitive from 2.3 to 0.6). So I did the test for fun I got

1595534526158.png

May not look much, but coming from a dual core pentium I am happy wiith it.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.