Battle Comparison between "free" Endpoint security.

Compare list
Symantec endpoint protection 14.3 vs McAfee endpoint security 10.7 .

Or any other product you want to discuss including third-party and built in consumer grade ones 😉.
In-depth Comparison

Vitali Ortzi

Level 22
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 12, 2016
@Local Host very well said.
I have been trying to explain the situation to @Vitali Ortzi & @JoyousBudweiser a few posts back but they don't seem to get it.
this is what cmoss .ru say about it.
free.png

Reactions: Brahman

Gangelo

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Jul 29, 2017
I am getting tired of explaining that not requiring registration is NOT the problem.
The problem is that the installation files should not be distributed freely in the first place.
This is a big licensing foul from comss.ru and they do not bother clarifying the issue.

They will give a proper reply when Broadcom legal team steps in.

Vitali Ortzi

Level 22
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 12, 2016
I am getting tired of explaining that not requiring registration is NOT the problem.
The problem is that the installation files should not be distributed freely in the first place.
This is a big licensing foul from comss.ru and they do not bother clarifying the issue.

I understand .
Still waiting on a response till then if anyone wants a up to 10 year SPEM license ( .slf) PM me!

Chri.Mi

Level 7
Well-known
Apr 30, 2020
The same way I can sell OEM keys on eBay, that giveaway is only up cause I'm not responsible for this community.

The trials for Endpoint Solutions cost around 30€, as for the license itself, they only sold in bulk through licensed partners and for companies.

You all pretty much in a gray area, and cmoss.ru for sure isn't a licensed partner, they not listed as such in any of the those products pages.
U are totally right... if those companies care about that situation can fix it easily (change trial periods, ask comss.ru to remove it, etc). Will see if them take actions.

I understand this thing, but if so (correct if i am wrong) this should be applyed with almost all enterprise solution there?

Gangelo

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Jul 29, 2017
U are totally right... if those companies care about that situation can fix it easily (change trial periods, ask comss.ru to remove it, etc). Will see if them take actions.

I understand this thing, but if so (correct if i am wrong) this should be applyed with almost all enterprise solution there?
Most probably yes.

I wrote only for SEP because I am familiar with their licensing scheme, we use it at work.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.