Advice Request Computer freezing

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

peterfat11

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 25, 2021
Hi, my computer has been randomly freezing for some reason. After a hard restart everything went back to normal, but the next day the same thing happened again.
1636926834934.png

1636926906342.png

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
When I searched with textinputhost.exe, it seems that there are quite a few reported cases of freezes. However, the solution seems to be inconsistent and you may have to go through a lot of trial and error.
If there is no problem in using it, there is a way to disable textinputhost.exe.

peterfat11

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 25, 2021
When I searched with textinputhost.exe, it seems that there are quite a few reported cases of freezes. However, the solution seems to be inconsistent and you may have to go through a lot of trial and error.
If there is no problem in using it, there is a way to disable textinputhost.exe.

Alr let's see will the issue will happen again after disabling it.

The_King

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 2, 2020
Sometimes things like this can occur after a recent system change or new program is installed.

If you were not experiencing this issue previously you can use system restore to scan
for programs that will be affected if you would do a system restore to an earlier date.

Remove these programs the would be affected if your were to restore your system to the previous
point where your system was working fine.

Reboot and see if the problem persists.

Edit. Just saw this posted if you running windows 11.
More fixes for system and app freezes

Last edited:

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
Troubleshooting is a detective game. Sometimes I enjoy the process of inferring the cause and verifying the evidence one by one.
However.
That's not the case with the PC you're using for business or when you have something you want to do.
In such cases, System Restore can be a quick solution.:)

LASER_oneXM

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 4, 2016

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
Which game? I am just surfing the web while it happened.
Errors in dwm.exe often occur when drawing is overloaded.
For example, when playing a game or watching a high resolution video.
It happens even if the system files are in good health. If it doesn't happen frequently, I don't think it's a problem.:)

Reactions: Nevi

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.