computer symptoms ....

eowyn

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Feb 24, 2014
I can recommend you this software to avoid Adware in the future:

http://unchecky.com/

Read here how it works --> http://www.howtogeek.com/179758/how-to-avoid-junkware-offers-with-unchecky/

The following will implement some post-cleanup procedures:

=> Please download DelFix by Xplode to your Desktop.

Run the tool and check the following boxes below;
checkmark.png
Remove disinfection tools
checkmark.png
Create registry backup
checkmark.png
Purge System Restore

Click Run button and wait a few seconds for the programme completes his work.
At this point all the tools we used here should be gone. Tool will create an report for you (C:\DelFix.txt)

The tool will also record healthy state of registry and make a backup using ERUNT program in %windir%\ERUNT\DelFix
Tool deletes old system restore points and create a fresh system restore point after cleaning.

forgot if this was the end of the the clean-up..if so, then **whew**, i did correctly..if not, then am not sure how to message you**:(**..when i tried b4, earlier this month, it took me to a 'page' i didn't understand**:oops:**and i thought i had hit a button wrong**:eek:**, or idk what..i exited the page immediately..i wasn't sure what to do,**:confused:** etc, other than to await for a reply here, from you..so, i left it be..i returned to this, to make sure, as it has been on my mind, much...ty TwinHeadedEagle! ** :) **

eowyn

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Feb 24, 2014
No next step, we're done :)

ty TwinHeadedEagle.. ** :) **(( not sure what to do as computer is messing up since a few days ago..should i rerun all the things you had me do b4? )).. {{ am not sure what is going on, ** :confused: **as i am not the only user of computer in my household }}.. i did upgrade to the newest malwarebytes, is that bad?..ty much again!!...

eowyn

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Feb 24, 2014
Tell me precisely what messed up?

tysm TwinHeadedEagle!! ( ** patient teacher emote** )
..i am so beyond frustrated, as i don't know what to do:(:(:(...ok, will try to let you know to the best of my ability/knowledge
(( have been trying so tenaciously to fix this:confused:..have done ' computer restore', 4 times i think, to no avail))..now, even my Malwarebytes is all messed up, not allowing me to reload & idk how to fix it..i did/have been try/ing, with the best intentions..i have not been able to reload Malwarebytes successfully due to using the Windows system restore..((( Malwarebytes is now showing me this as i try to run it..a yellow caution sign, w/ ! Runtime error '383': 'Text' property is read only... i am honestly thinking i did more damage than good, by using the system restore ))..** bummed out & frustrated emote **
in my Internet Explorer it loads up, gives me an error script msg .. i have to say yes or no to continue..no matter what i pick, it then freezes & is not operatible... i cannot do anything but shut down my computer to get it to 'exit' off of the computer..i tried to fix it as microsoft says to, but it won't let me,as it instantly freezes after the error msg..the error is a microsoft security bullentin MS10-002..& this link shows http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157-Internet Explorer...{{ i did try to figure out how to fix this through microsoft, with no luck.. i cannot go to 'Tools" and do what is said to fix such..i have tried, many times ...
also, a few days ago, out of nowhere, i was in my Google & then simultaneously had my Windows computer panel open, looking at a file.. out of nowhere, 18 files literally 'flew' into my computer..(( i ran scans on them.. it showed no malware/virus', etc...except 4 that malwarebytes had picked up from idk where..i quarantined them))..i ran AVG & it showed the same all is good..then i ran the 'performance' from AVG >> it showed me a ton of things that needed to be 'fixed' <<..{{ i did NOt do this, as i wasn't sure if i should, etc ))..also, had run Windows Defender..
OH, i forgot this also happened, when the programs flew' in out of 'where ever', my Google was then not working like i had it..it was changed & literally not Chrome, etc..it was as if i had just signed up for it, so to say (( as in basic Google))..i do not know what to do, at this point..
(( even my printer isn't working as it did..i need it too badly, to be able to print coupons, from legit sites,to afford groceries for my family, as we talked about before..i know most ppl don't understand this, but it has saved us more than 50% to 80% through diligentally matching coupons & store sales, these past weeks.. (( admittedly, it takes many hours to do..( is not so fun )... i cannot complain, as it has helped us immensely ))...

i don't know what to do... :(:(:(:(:(:(

tysm for everything! ~ Eowyn~

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
That seems like a major problem. What do you think about reinstalling windows? I think it is the best solution regarding all the problem you have...

eowyn

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Feb 24, 2014
That seems like a major problem. What do you think about reinstalling windows? I think it is the best solution regarding all the problem you have...

def :eek::(:eek::( about the major problem diagnosis...although, i wasn't surprised to hear it..i was afraid of this..now, will try to deal w/ it..
ok, but >> i don't know how to, as we have been unsuccessful, in finding disks that came w/ the computer..:oops: (( am still looking for them :())..is it possible to reinstall Windows 7 home pkg, etc, w/out said disks?...:confused: ohoh..wait!..one of my boys just said he may have found them, as i was typing to you..** crosses fingers emote **.. will let you know when he returns home, if he did find them (as he had to leave to walk our puppy first)..
will update you, w/ good news, i hope..

ty again TwinHeadedEagle

Last edited:

eowyn

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Feb 24, 2014
hello TwinHeadedEagle,:)

UPDATE> first the good news >> Internet Explorer is now working correctly... {{ do not know how, unless Windows or HP fixed it after me trying to figure it out and asking questions, etc..am thankful to the 'puter gods, whomever did fix it.. }} ..we went to happen to check it, and it was working..** huge YaY emote **
now, the :( news... haven't the restore Windows, yet...but, i did find, in the C disk area of computer, Malwarebytes info that system restore must have put there, when it was done..(( in a file ))..
>>> question >>> if said file/files are deleted, is it possible to then be able to then load Malwarebytes again..:confused:.(( if you tell me how i will send you what i found , as i do not want to delete, etc anything until you walk me through what is ok to & what is to be left be ))..as one who is tenacious in trying, i did attempt to keep reinstalling Malwarebytes...unsuccessfully:(... (( one of fam had deleted some of the info,:eek: so my attempts to 'restore'/'return' aforementioned program, as i thought i would be able to did not work ))...i didn't know this b4 i wrote to you in above message:oops:... ((they had thought it would help, so i cannot be upset at this ))...

ty as always, for all of your help! it is appreciated Much!:):):):):):):)

Reactions: Koroke San

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
I cleaned your computer, and you did restore point, that was bad decision. Doing this, you probably messed the things up, there are majority of issues and we're limited here, so that is why I proposed reinstall as best option.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.