computer symptoms ....

eowyn

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Feb 24, 2014
i tried again..here is what i got..(( i downloaded the fixlist txt and opened the last FRST ran..this is what i have))..should i try to start over and click fixit after i run it again..i have to be doing something wrong, but not sure what))..also, with the zoek download after, it has the three downloads..i did do what you said, but i got confused again, as it has a third that is the .exe one, not the one i downloaded..so i uninstalled until you could tell me what to do..(( sorry..i am 'basic' and trying really hard to do this correctly & as you say, but i seem to be messing up ))..:(

Last edited:

eowyn

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Feb 24, 2014
Download attached fixlist.txt on the same location as FRST (otherwise the fix won't work)

Open FRST, and click Fix. Attach me that report after it is finished.

Please download zoek.zip or zoek.rar by smeenk (
Zoek_icon.png
) from here or here and save it to your Desktop.
Unpack the archive...
  • Close any open browsers
  • Temporarily disable your AntiVirus program. (If necessary)
    If you are unsure how to do this please read this or this Instruction.
  • Double click on zoek.exe to run the tool .
    Please wait while the tool does not start...
  • Copy the text present inside the code box below and paste it into the large window in the zoek tool:

Code:
    autoclean;
    emptyclsid;
    emptyalltemp;
  • Click on
    Run%20Script%20by%20zoek.png
    button.
    Please wait until a logreport will open (this can be after reboot)
  • Save notepad to your Desktop and attach here zoek-results.log
    Note: It will also create a log in the C:\ directory named "zoek-results.log"
[/quote

eowyn

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Feb 24, 2014
Ok, but I need Zoek report and not from FRST.

i am not sure how to do the zoek one..i tried..there are three downloads..i did try to download, as you told me and it gave me the zip one, first..idk how to do that one ((to unzip it)) & then open the exe one, to run it..the first one is the exe one, which wasn't one of the choices i was told to install, so i am stuck...{{ i uninstalled the zip zoek ..tried the other & uninstalled it also..as i don't understand how to run it, if the other is not the exe, but i am supposed to dbl click the exe to run it..etc }}..i thought best to wait for you to tell me what to do** help ** :confused: {{ also, it says in address bar hijackthis.nl/smeenk/ }} ..am not sure what i am doing wrong..i tried again..and downloaded the exe one..it also wont let me paste what you want me to..it says this in the page thing emptyclsid; torpigcheck; {{ i can manually type in what you said and run it..idk if you want me to, or to just wait for further instructions..}}

Last edited:

eowyn

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Feb 24, 2014
think i did it!.. :) .. {{ thank you so much,for helping me through all of this }}..i know it is going to be a process.. & must be frustrating to you, when i do not understand, ** :rolleyes: ** , as i do not know how to do all of this..i do sincerely appreciate your patience, more than you know..{{ basically, explain to me, like i am a two year old, and i will get there...slowly, but surely }}..**grins**

Last edited:
Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

eowyn

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Feb 24, 2014
Ok, tell me how is the situation now?

my computer still has some of the pcdoc programs (like 'spotify',etc..will dbl check again) & a lot of garbage in the computer, that i want to delete, but not sure if i should touch, in documents, programs & diff areas,etc....i was getting those empty spam letter things, like the one i accidentally opened, but i didn't get any so far today :)..*running AVG now*...i have programs on here still that i didn't install & i do not know how to figure out which is what..i do know, in the computer documents & other areas, i do try to go through, to find out what programs are from the pcdoc place(( by trying to see the companies the programs are from))..i found a few, but am not sure...it did a thing where it erased a lot of my programs and installed all kinds that names idk.. {{is this what you are asking about?}}..for instance, when i go to my programs..it will show the size of files for some that are working & none for some that are working..and not show the size for some that are not working and are working..so, idk what to touch..

Last edited:

eowyn

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Feb 24, 2014
Ok, tell me how is the situation now?

Ty TwinHeadedEagle!!..updating on what found so far...computer is running faster :) ((yay, thanks to you!!))..AVG found nothing, Malwarebytes found one malware..yes, i removed it, & adwcleaner report attached below .. will let you know what the other find as i run them..in process of running a cpl more programs now.. (( you rock!! )) ..

eowyn

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Feb 24, 2014
this is from SpybotS&D ..(( i didn't do anything yet as idk if or how to tell if they are false positives ))..not sure how to figure that out yet..

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
Spybot is software pretty outdated for today threats so you should'n beleve what it says. I think you should uninstall it and rely on MalwareBytes that is much better option.

From my field of view, your PC is clean. Let me know is everything all right so that we can finish :)

Reactions: eowyn

eowyn

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Feb 24, 2014
it is, really?o_O:eek:..ok, will do..not sure what to add in its place..(( i will listen to your sage advice :) ))

ohhh.. should i immunize what it says first?..and should i press 'clean' on the AdwCleaner, for what it says?.. yes, i 'hibernated' the computer, left them open until you told me what to do..i didn't want to mess anything up..{{ i do not know how to tell if something is a false positive, etc..i try to figure it out, then i go with better safe than sorry, as i didn't/don't know how to learn how to find out, for sure }}

update is : browser in google is doing the thing where it won't open pages, & crashed once, earlier..i checked foxfire and the top bar, is not all the way across, as it used to be..(( it has a line and about 3/4 of another line, at the top, that are just not there..i noticed IE did that too, the other day, when i checked in there..should i worry about this?.. ))..as for windows, how do i know what to update, as it sends so many, & i don't know what to add..:confused:

too many questions?..:oops: ... {{ & yes, ready when you say...to finish this up...am thankful for all guidance and help in the progress that has been accomplished..thinking your other name should be 'O Patient One'..:D..seriously, thank you for all help so far, now and in future }}..:)

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
As I've said, Spybot is not as reliable as it used to be several years before. It is not often updates, so that is the reason I prefer MalwareBytes. Don't need to use Adwcleaner, it is ok. About your browsers, reinstall used extensions and let me know how is the situation after.

eowyn

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Feb 24, 2014
As I've said, Spybot is not as reliable as it used to be several years before. It is not often updates, so that is the reason I prefer MalwareBytes. Don't need to use Adwcleaner, it is ok. About your browsers, reinstall used extensions and let me know how is the situation after.

ok, this is what i processed, in my brain ((it's a busy place:rolleyes:..i drive myself crazy trying to figure things out, but i don't give up 'a tryin':)))..
so, i didn't immunize what SpybotS&D said to and i didn't hit clean on the Adwcleaner..(( i think that is what you meant by above..am hoping i didn't misunderstand and mess up &:oops: ))..
in regard to browsers, am not sure i understand what you mean by 'reinstall used extensions'o_O..do you mean, to delete google, firefox, and to reinstall them?..if so, where do i go, to make sure i am reinstalling them, from the safe & official sites?..am asking as i see so many times where something will say 'official site', then has advertising by it, or it isn't actually the 'official' site, or is a 'mirror' site, if that is the correct term:confused:..(( i know, more questions.. **sighs**..being a 'basic' isn't fun..:( ))..
will await further instructions, as i do not want to undo all the work we have accomplished at this juncture..as always, tysm:)

eowyn

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Feb 24, 2014
yes, i was working on it..& then, i think i may have messed up ..am not sure..i did a scan w/ aswMBR, when i was running scans..no, i didn't click on fixMBR, as i had realized it wasn't one i usually scan with & was one you had me run once..**:oops:**..not sure if i messed anything up..but i recalled to saved info, from scan..))..had run Malwarebytes, AVG, reinstalled and ran Piriform Ccleaner, etc..then ran that aswMBR(from AVAST), not meaning to do wrong..i clicked it to run, as i actually had mistakenly thought it was one familiar to me.. ..not running anything more,until i ask you, as i want to make sure all is well, so we can finish up..w/out me undoing any of the work we have accomplished..{{ TY TwinHeadedEagle ! }} ** :) ** as you know, this 'basic' is & has been trying hard to do this correctly & earnestly throughout this process..

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
I can recommend you this software to avoid Adware in the future:

http://unchecky.com/

Read here how it works --> http://www.howtogeek.com/179758/how-to-avoid-junkware-offers-with-unchecky/

The following will implement some post-cleanup procedures:

=> Please download DelFix by Xplode to your Desktop.

Run the tool and check the following boxes below;
checkmark.png
Remove disinfection tools
checkmark.png
Create registry backup
checkmark.png
Purge System Restore

Click Run button and wait a few seconds for the programme completes his work.
At this point all the tools we used here should be gone. Tool will create an report for you (C:\DelFix.txt)

The tool will also record healthy state of registry and make a backup using ERUNT program in %windir%\ERUNT\DelFix
Tool deletes old system restore points and create a fresh system restore point after cleaning.

Reactions: eowyn

eowyn

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Feb 24, 2014
..followed above instructions...{{awaiting further instructions}}... **:)**

~~not sure what is next step..((
i tried to msg you, but i got sent to a page i didn't understand if it was correct..so left there, & will wait for you to tell me what to do next..)) ** thumbs up emote**..

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.