CONDUIT MALWARE

g3n-h@ckm@n

Level 1
Verified
Mar 1, 2014
no ;) lol

start menu / programs / windows updates

(it'll say that you've never done updates logically , it's normal)

marcuspassey

Thread author
Verified
Mar 6, 2014
no it wouldnt install, do you think i still got malware? i also tried uninstalling mcafee but dont think all elements are removed

marcuspassey

Thread author
Verified
Mar 6, 2014
I have not got mcafee installed at the moment although I didnt remove completely, I have a paid subscription

In your opinion

Is there a free anti virus software thats better than mcafee

and if we get rid of this malware what tools would you suggest to stop it coming back? and what malware and anti spyware free software is best?

g3n-h@ckm@n

Level 1
Verified
Mar 1, 2014
Actually , Avast is the first antivus in the compatives.(largely better then McAfee , that's sure ^^ )

Antispyware , to complete the Avast's work I suggest a complete scan with Malwarebytes every week after updating it if you don't take the Pro version ( which updates itself in realtime if you select it )

and if we get rid of this malware what tools would you suggest to stop it coming back?

There's no tool to stop it , just to clean it :) ( If there's still Ramnit infection in the computer, ok ?)
the better thing to do is having all the softwares updated ( in priority Windows , your antivirus , FlashPlayer and Java if it's installed for the last cause if none application needs to have Java installed , It is not compulsory to have it in your computer , it's not a "windows" native program , the computer can work properly without)

for Mcafee I'll give you their special tool to completly delete the pieces of it which could rest in your computer

marcuspassey

Thread author
Verified
Mar 6, 2014
ok so even the AVAST free version is better than a paid subscription of mcafee? hey you on facebook? or skype? like to thank you for all of this

marcuspassey

Thread author
Verified
Mar 6, 2014
So computer seems to be clean but i still cant do windows updates or update IE anymore tricks up your sleave? :)

marcuspassey

Thread author
Verified
Mar 6, 2014
tried to do windows troubleshooting to fix windows updates check image

Attachments

• windowstroubleshooting.jpg
    windowstroubleshooting.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 72

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.