Raiden

Level 13
Verified
Content Creator
Hallelujah I got it to work!

So I double checked everything with Powershell when it comes to WD and everything was back to normal. I then decided to create the rule again and see what happens. No issues! I created the second rule again and the same issue popped up, I was like what the heck, that rule was fine last time. After closer inspection it seems like the last option switched from "specific processes" to "all applications." I found this strange as I was 100% certain that I selected specific applications, but then it dawned on me. Since I was doing this on my laptop, I guess I must have in inadvertently switched the option with the touch pad, as I was clicking through the options. There doesn't seem to be an explanation for the issues, other than that.:emoji_flushed:

Thanks for the help, I'm glad I got it working again!

blackice

Level 8
Verified
Hallelujah I got it to work!

So I double checked everything with Powershell when it comes to WD and everything was back to normal. I then decided to create the rule again and see what happens. No issues! I created the second rule again and the same issue popped up, I was like what the heck, that rule was fine last time. After closer inspection it seems like the last option switched from "specific processes" to "all applications." I found this strange as I was 100% certain that I selected specific applications, but then it dawned on me. Since I was doing this on my laptop, I guess I must have in inadvertently switched the option with the touch pad, as I was clicking through the options. There doesn't seem to be an explanation for the issues, other than that.:emoji_flushed:

Thanks for the help, I'm glad I got it working again!
Glad you got it working!!

Windows_Security

Level 23
Verified
Trusted
Content Creator
Good morning mortals! I hereby share with you some amazing HIPS rules for ESET that will work as default-deny to prevent infections such as ransomware. You can check the source here.
This mortal can do the same with the free and build-in Windows Defender Attack Surface Reduction and Exploit Protection ;) The nice thing about WD is that hese features even work when you are using a third-party anti-virus. So totally free and build-in Windows Security.

Last edited:

marcopaone

Level 2
Verified
Implemented the rules and if someone is interested i added the xml file in English.

If I use these settings for hips it will erase mine setting for all eset module :( :(

Reactions: oldschool