Troubleshoot Constant Blue Screens (Netio.sys)

TheBlue262

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Dec 24, 2015
Yesterday, 6/14/2016, I received an automatic update for windows 10 from microsoft. I chose to update and shutdown and today, 6/15/2016, I received a blue screen while turning on my laptop. I was able to login after restarting my laptop. As I was using my laptop throughout the day, blue screens kept occurring randomly no matter what program I was using. I blue screened once while playing League of Legends and while playing Team Fortress 2 I blue screened multiple times after getting back on. I also blue screened while watching a youtube video later on and in the middle of running a MBAR scan. All of these blue screens were related to Netio.sys and this all happened today after updating my windows 10 last night. There were two updates.

Windows 10 updates :

Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB3149135) (I checked to see if I could uninstall this but it was not possible, only the cumulative update below this was able to be uninstalled. I did not perform the uninstall.)

Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB3163018) (Security update)

Minidump Zip File (There should be 6 files.)
Minidump.zip

Reactions: _CyberGhosT_

TheBlue262

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Dec 24, 2015
Ok, what usually trigger the Bluescreen?
Have you rebooted?

Lets try and stress the machine a little and see what happens. Can you run this test and see if it triggers the BS please. :)
The laptop was rebooted after the advanced repair. The bluescreen happens randomly usually. It happens while I'm playing games or browsing the web. All of the bluescreen happened after the update.

Upvote 0
S

Smith83

The laptop was rebooted after the advanced repair. The bluescreen happens randomly usually. It happens while I'm playing games or browsing the web. All of the bluescreen happened after the update.

Ok, then testing with the browser stress should trigger it.... Can you now open a game as well after the browser stress, then let me know.

Reactions: TheBlue262
Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.