AV-Comparatives Consumer Real-World Protection Test February-May 2021

Disclaimer
  1. This test shows how an antivirus behaves with certain threats, in a specific environment and under certain conditions.
    We encourage you to compare these results with others and take informed decisions on what security products to use.
    Before buying an antivirus you should consider factors such as price, ease of use, compatibility, and support. Installing a free trial version allows an antivirus to be tested in everyday use before purchase.

JB007

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016

JB007,​

is mrg-effitas still getting blocked by Bitdefender? Last night I submitted the false positive report to them but surprisingly they said they were not able to reproduce it on their end and asked for a screenshot of the detection. I did that and since then I've received no further reply from them. It's weird. But can you check again?
I have to add that this was their Enterprise submission portal so they tested it on their Enterprise (Gravity Zone) product. So the problem probably for some reason happens on the home users version only.
Edit: I understand what they meant by "The URL is not blocked".
It means the site specifically is not blocked by their database. So probably Bitdefender is falsely detecting some sort of malicious javascript or something similar like that on the website and blocking it entirely.
View attachment 259531
The mrg effitas site is still blocked by my BD:(
1.PNG

Game Of Thrones

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jun 5, 2014
I just submitted this false positive to Bitdefender support: Sample Upload - Bitdefender Consumer Support Center
don't like to hijack this thread but fun part is still it gets blocked!!! after nearly a week. really low response time from Bitdefender. but there is another aspect maybe they are right and there is a problem in MRG site. I use Bitdefender on my own laptop and cellphone (we have 12 system in our home different security products some with Kaspersky which doesn't block) and it still blocks this site. since the detection is based on heuristics the possibility of it false positive is much higher.

edit: I think mrg is a well known test site , being blocked by Bitdefender after all this time seems some thing maybe are not right in mrg site too.they should have see this by now.

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
Hello,
Just for fun, the page is still blocked by BD :rolleyes:
But the threat name is a little different (the numbaers)...
View attachment 260493View attachment 260494
Update:
Finally, I have managed to make them remove the detection successfully. This was a really weird case.
I submitted them again and they said they analyzed it and the detection is correct, so it will remain. Then I wrote something back and this time they replied that it's indeed a false positive, so it will be removed. Hehe, funny.
Then after asking, they also told me which particular update removed the detection. So it should be good now. Let me know if you can check.
bd.pngbd2.pngbd3.pngbd4.pngbd5.png

Last edited by a moderator:

JB007

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
Update:
Finally, I have managed to make them remove the detection successfully. This was a really weird case.
I submitted them again and they said they analyzed it and the detection is correct, so it will remain. Then I wrote something back and this time they replied that it's indeed a false positive, so it will be removed. Hehe, funny.
Then after asking, they also told me which particular update removed the detection. So it should be good now. Let me know if you can check.
View attachment 260921View attachment 260922View attachment 260923View attachment 260924View attachment 260925
Thanks @SeriousHoax for your great job (y)
Bitdefender support (home) never answer to me (n)
Just checked and the correction is fine, I can access to MRG Effitas :)
2.PNG

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.