Open MalwareTips from your Home Screen or desktop. Follow discussions, find answers and pick up where you left off.
If you cannot find an install option, update your browser or use its bookmark option to keep MalwareTips close.
After installation, open the app and sign in. Enable push notifications in Preferences if you want alerts. On iPhone and iPad, push requires a Home Screen web app and iOS or iPadOS 16.4 or later.
Sign in to manage notificationsInstallation is optional. Your notification settings stay under your control.
This test shows how an antivirus behaves with certain threats, in a specific environment and under certain conditions.
We encourage you to compare these results with others and take informed decisions on what security products to use.
Before buying an antivirus you should consider factors such as price, ease of use, compatibility, and support. Installing a free trial version allows an antivirus to be tested in everyday use before purchase.
That was B free; no profiles.Especially if you allowed/enabled the dreaded Profiles
In BD's case (especially paid versions), I think it's just overengineered, bug fix upon bug fix etc. The protection is obviously there, it's just the other head scratching issues of "what happened, why is this now, or not..."?Can’t really say anything here because I don’t check these teeny-tiny details. My dev head just doesn’t process why you would add a setting for something and this setting won’t be applied, and you won’t spot your bugs…
I didn't face issue. I said that Avast will always check for signature updates after booting the system. After that check, the update interval setting is respected. So, the setting is active for the active session. Most AVs check for signature updates at startup so you can say it's expected behavior.For me, it is; only @SeriousHoax who is facing issues.
Very funny story there. The one who invented these was Norton with their Pulse updates. They were 5-6 kb files usually, pushed every 5-15 min.How big are the actual Avast Updates in average? Those are incremental updates which Gen calls stream updates usually in KB in theory. Only containing the delta.
On softpedia, B database is larger than that of Avast.How big are the actual Avast Updates in average? Those are incremental updates which Gen calls stream updates usually in KB in theory. Only containing the delta.
The download size is tiny. 460 MB of data is written on the disk by the on-device updating process.How big are the actual Avast Updates in average? Those are incremental updates which Gen calls stream updates usually in KB in theory. Only containing the delta.
Have you checked whether the Windows Task Scheduler has scheduled tasks to update Avast software upon login, despite Avast's settings?Avast didn't respect my 24 hours settings after turning on the system.
I have not checked this. Unfortunately, I cannot check at the moment as I have gone back to ESET Smart Security Premium today. Avast has bug where it fails to load a website for one second showing a browser error as if my DNS has blocked it, then it automatically reloads. Doesn't happen always but happens sometimes. But that wasn't the reason to uninstall. I installed Avast for testing only and my testing was complete.Have you checked whether the Windows Task Scheduler has scheduled tasks to update Avast software upon login, despite Avast's settings?
Thank you for explaining; I was wondering why Yandex reloads the page with an error message; I thought it's Yandex fault.Avast has bug where it fails to load a website for one second showing a browser error as if my DNS has blocked it, then it automatically reloads
No entries for Avast there.Maybe @Parkinsond can check if there's a scheduled task.
I have a different problem with Eset new context menu. It takes about 3 secs to appear (new Win 11 context menu). Did not happen with BD.So not sure why it happened for me with ESET.
I just checked on my end. So far, so good
I have no video recording to show how to get.
High quality nvme drives has 700 TB lifetime writes which would take you years to reach. I would not worry about disk writes.I am tempted to change the frequency to 24 h to avoid excessive disk writes which I was not aware of.
This is a fairly common cosmetic issue since the early days of Windows 11, which I can note also happens with Cloudflare WARP. It's a combination of Windows 11 handling legacy APIs and apps choosing their own tooltip implementations.
I have a low quality, used SanDisk SSD; I would worryHigh quality nvme drives has 700 TB lifetime writes which would take you years to reach. I would not worry about disk writes.
First time to notice; used Avast several times, it was not there.This is a fairly common cosmetic issue since the early days of Windows 11, which I can note also happens with Cloudflare WARP. It's a combination of Windows 11 handling legacy APIs and apps choosing their own tooltip implementations.
It's more apt to happen when an app uses custom tooltip drawing for its tray icon. The app displays one helpful tooltip on purpose, but Windows still shows another empty tooltip nearby.
Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes