Conversations with a hacker (Kronic Rat)

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Apr 21, 2016
Impressive! It's rare to have the opportunity to interact directly with an attacker. Your quick thinking likely saved your system from further compromise. Stay vigilant!

• Love
Reactions: Behold Eck

Sandbox Breaker

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jan 6, 2022
Impressive! It's rare to have the opportunity to interact directly with an attacker. Your quick thinking likely saved your system from further compromise. Stay vigilant!
Saved my "system" whilst it was a sandbox. They thought they break me when I BROKE THEM :) /G\

Reactions: Behold Eck

Allego

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Jan 25, 2016

I always run new malware. This one ended up with a human operator and was willing to chat. Must have scared them off LOL. You can see them closing the tools used LOL. Conversation occurs at 1:05 roughly

You should have played along lol and made the conversation longer

Reactions: Trident

Trident

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
I’ve had these conversations too, I had one that opened a chess game and wanted me to play. He beat me as well. I’ve had some that send jokes, like horror videos, monitor picture flippers and stuff. But these are usually amateurs. Real attacker will not engage with you.

Allego

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Jan 25, 2016
I’ve had these conversations too, I had one that opened a chess game and wanted me to play. He beat me as well. I’ve had some that send jokes, like horror videos, monitor picture flippers and stuff. But these are usually amateurs. Real attacker will not engage with you.
Well every "Real attacker" was once an amateur

Reactions: Trident

Sandbox Breaker

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jan 6, 2022
You should have played along lol and made the conversation longer
They were the ones who closed it when I found their RAT. I was testing remediation capabilities with different malware. I would resubmit the malware and blindly try to find it. That's when this happens. Whether the trojan was low level or really good made no difference to me.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.