BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
P9dEZrP.png

Wouldn't it be nice if the world's leading chip giants launched new processor series that worked perfectly and made implicit sense?

That's the hope, but having witnessed AMD's Ryzen arrive with teething issues ranging from memory support to hesitant in-game performance, it is frustrating to find that Intel's Core X-Series isn't immune to certain missteps, either.

X299 motherboards don't appear to be quite ready, there are question marks surrounding the Skylake-X processors due later this year, and at the lower end of the Core X spectrum, Kaby Lake-X is nothing short of puzzling.

Plenty of reason for discord among enthusiast users, yet look past the confusion and you may see cause for optimism. The world's first Core i9 processor, the 7900X, is ultimately a 10-core powerhouse offering excellent IPC performance and outstanding multi-core prowess in a single $999 chip armed with plenty of overclocking headroom. Said ingredients make it an automatic choice for power users seeking the ultimate PC experience, and the chip's benchmarking potential makes for a fitting debut of the Core i9 brand.

Bottom line: the price tag remains a stumbling block and software optimisations are needed, but anyone willing to splash a thousand bucks on a new CPU need look no further than the Intel Core i9-7900X. Over to you, Threadripper.
Full review

Quassar

Level 12
Verified
Well-known
Feb 10, 2012
I wish I was rich. :(
Even if i will be rich i wouldn't buy something what i can got better and solind in less price :)

Imo 2600k(LGA1155) and 3930k (LGA2011) are pest price/performance cpu which i could get.
Whole good few years i can yet easy sit with this PC's

Later meaby i will change to AMD if Intel will still play with consumer in .!. becasue i see he oblivous does :/

mekelek

Level 28
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2017
Even if i will be rich i wouldn't buy something what i can got better and solind in less price :)

Imo 2600k(LGA1155) and 3930k (LGA2011) are pest price/performance cpu which i could get.
Whole good few years i can yet easy sit with this PC's

Later meaby i will change to AMD if Intel will still play with consumer in .!. becasue i see he oblivous does :/
nah man the 4790k without a doubt.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.