Not open for further replies.

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
:welcomewave:

I want to compare CPU of Intel and AMD to each other.
Which one is your preference and why?

K__M

Jun 14, 2011
-points to Avatar pic- :p

I choose AMD.

Why?:

Cheaper
Can be just as well as Intel depending on which you get of course.
I'm a fan boy of AMD at this time because it never let me down.. and i only have AMD C-50: 2 core it reaches 105.9 MHz at times according to Speccy.. That is plenty for me.
-
Then again, it comes down to personal choice. Have a look here:
http://www.cpubenchmark.net/high_end_cpus.html

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
K__M said:
I choose AMD.

Why?:

Cheaper
Can be just as well as Intel depending on which you get of course.
I'm a fan boy of AMD at this time because it never let me down.. and i only have AMD C-50: 2 core it reaches 105.9 MHz at times according to Speccy.. That is plenty for me.
-
Then again, it comes down to personal choice. Have a look here:
http://www.cpubenchmark.net/high_end_cpus.html

Yes, it looks like AMD is cheaper than Intel. But I never used it. What do you do on your Computer? Do you use virtualisation programs and some heavy programs?

K__M said:
-points to Avatar pic- :p
:D

K__M

Jun 14, 2011
I use VMware with no problem along side Windows 7 home premium. My RAM upgrade gave me a big boost for running them big programs though. I now have 5GB of RAM.

Some other big programs i run are... GIMP, IMVU Client, Google SketchUp 8, and Camtasia.

My CPU gets a lot of working out i can say though :p, but nothing it has not handled.

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011
Can you tell me what you will use the computer for?

I prefer intel at the moment since they use less watts and you get far more performance. i7-2600K with default settings uses 90W as max but I have seen 70W as well and this is at full load. Look at benchmarks.

AMD's APU (cpu + gpu) might be for overall use better but not if performance is preferred; the gpu is very good. Depends on your needs and how much you're willing to spend. the apu's are the best and cheapest option amd offers; bulldozer, a octa-core, uses 130W and before in many applications as a Phenom X6 if all cores aren't used. The bulldozer is also as expensive as i5-2500K where i5 only has four cores/threads compared to eight cores/threads.

When it comes to laptops I definitely recommend intel; you get more value from them and a faster computer. AMD's apu are running at low frequencies (1,4-1,9GHz). For budget gaming the apu might be a better choice if the intel laptop doesn't have dedicated graphics.

In a benchmark my i72630qm beats Phenom II X6 T1100 (40W vs 130W). I will once compare and see how well my i7 does compared to the phenom II X6.

Summary: The budget limits your options. If you want to be as economic as possible then AMD otherwise intel. I personally prefer to spend a bit more but that will last a few years rather than spending money more frequent; I will save myself a lot of nerves and headaches since.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
I choose Inel because of the experience that I have had with it. In my laptop I have had to get it repaired countless times and it is getting annoying, but my current computer with a Intel CPU I have had no trouble with it at all.

Dejan

Mar 3, 2011
Intel's products are more expensive than AMD's, however, from what I can tell, they're more quality.
AMD's products aren't really as quality as Intel's, but are less expensive. If you want a good bang for your money, I'd get an AMD Athlon II X3-X4.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Another thing I am not a fan of that AMD does is that all there CPUs as far as I know is that they still have pins but Intel does not they have it built in to the motherboard.

E

Exorcizm

I personally tried going AMD, but they get very hot, i had a 955 BE, it was a great processor, great for gaming, but intel absolutely smashes for future things, theres always a benifit of having Intel no matter what, yes there cheap, but intel has a higher performance all round compared to amd, whom which is really based on gaming, as anything else has a very big difference compared to intel, ive done benchmarks on the CPU's and i would only ever go AMD IF I HAD TO NO MATTER WHAT, i am by all means on an average persons budget, but i save up and get what i really need :)

Just personal opinion, not trying to start a flame war, haha :)

Regards
Josh

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011
I choose Intel.
reason: We can resell at a price not too lower.
such, we want to upgrade, we can sell the old CPU, and only added a bit money (according to how much do you upgrade)
example: from core 2 duo to core i5 or i7.
My cousin was like a desktop.

Luke[Dumke480]

Oct 28, 2011
^ that sorta made sense, are you not naturally english speaking?

I don't care about Brandings, you work well, i will buy it and most likely rebuy, that's how i like it.

not dedi to any one company.

but if i'm low on cash, AMD, as i can expect results and lesser, ki blast to my wallet.

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011
Luke[Dumke480] said:
^ that sorta made sense, are you not naturally english speaking?

yes.
english is not my primary language.
you can see the flag on right side of my name
:p

and, i'm not choose by brands.
but, from first time i touch the computer, i always using intel and my family also.

by the way, welcome to MT, Luke.

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011
Luke[Dumke480] said:
Thanks man, yeah i saw that, but i know alot of foreigners that have English as primary languages.

sounds like you have a fairly committed choice though.

yes, I know it.
I will improve my English language again.
but I was busy with the latest games, playing with my cousins​​.

malbky

Level 1
Jun 23, 2011
Amd is like if it works it works for years together if no you have big trouble. Intel is long lasting. My uncles p4 has been working from the past 6years.

E

Exorcizm

I wish everyone woke up and realised how worth it Intel really is just like all of you guys do! :(

It's so troublesome explaining this to everyone >_< they just want to spend buckleys, which defeats the purpose of computer gaming xD

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.