SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
Many people are having problems with the latest version of Chrome on the CU.
That doesn't mean Chrome is incompatible with CU though. If it was, NONE would not be able to use it in CU.

Reactions: frogboy

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I'm using the latest version of Google Chrome wth Creators Update, and Profile management is working. No issues.

Maybe affected users are ones who had Anniversary Update for a period of time, then updated to Creators?

I recently installed a clean install of Windows 10 Anniversary, a few days before Creators Update.

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
I just tried Chrome and it works just fine for me also. ;)

D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

The only problem I had with Chrome after Creators Update was with Emsisoft, couldn't open Chrome and everything crashed straight away, didn't have that problem in Anniversary Update, uninstalled Emsisoft and freezing/crashing from Chrome gone away.

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
The only problem I had with Chrome after Creators Update was with Emsisoft, couldn't open Chrome and everything crashed straight away, didn't have that problem after upgrading from Anniversary Update, uninstalled Emsisoft and freezing/crashing from Chrome gone away.
I had to uninstall and reinstall Emsisoft also then all was good after that. :)

Winter Soldier

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
If it helps my Zemana lifetime license is still working and I've performed 4 clean installs of Windows 10 since I've had the license.
What's your doubt about Zemana lifetime license? Installatioon on clean system is no problem.
Yes @ZeroDay, that was the problem, thank you ;)

@nastavnikhe, long ago I had lost the opportunity to reactivate my license because of some reinstallations on Windows clean system so I had to contact the Zemana support.
Now problem solved, yesterday I made CU clean installation and ZAL license works fine :)

lab34

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Mar 28, 2017
Hello,
I'm a bit short on my SSD (9.5 Gb free, on an old 40Gb SSD).

First, I run the assistant: you need at least 8 Gb: OK, I did some cleaning.:(

Second try: OK, it's downloading... Comodo in safe mode, 360TS ON: after downloading, update fail, you may disable your antivirus and retry...:( (no alert on my logs)

Third try: (360 TS OFF, CFW OFF) : you need at least 8 Gb ! The assistant is not cleaning its own directory :mad:

Ok, I have removed Windows10upgrade directory... ready to restart the whole process... but...

my friends: how much size your system partition had lost after the upgrade ? I don't want to change my SSD on this old computer...

Hello,

Second try: OK, it's downloading... Comodo in safe mode, 360TS ON: after downloading, update fail, you may disable your antivirus and retry...:( (no alert on my logs)

Third try: (360 TS OFF, CFW OFF) : you need at least 8 Gb ! The assistant is not cleaning its own directory :mad:

Ok, I have removed Windows10upgrade directory... ready to restart the whole process... but...

my friends: how much size your system partition had lost after the upgrade ? I don't want to change my SSD on this old computer...

What "Assistant" are you running ?

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
Hello,

Once you clean after your update with Windows Disk Cleanup Tool you will regain 16 odd GB of drive space. ;)

Reactions: lab34

Most people are experiencing freezing issues including me. May be, it's related to something specific.

Some of it has to do with Intel Graphics driver - if it is installed on your system.

Check for newest Intel driver for your system, it might fix browser stuttering\freezing.

Intel publishes new graphics drivers at a much faster rate than OEMs.

lab34

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Mar 28, 2017
What "Assistant" are you running ?
Oops, sorry, I missed your question ! :oops:
I was talking about the upgrade tool, but at the end, I've wait the automatic distribution by windows update.

Once you clean after your update with Windows Disk Cleanup Tool you will regain 16 odd GB of drive space. ;)
Yes !
Before upgrade: 9 Gb left, after upgrade: 1.5 GB left, after cleaning: 11 Gb left ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.