Status
Not open for further replies.

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
Just finished my first set of backups With Macrium Reflect and Aomei Backupper Pro. So far I like the new update. Everything seems to work okay, I had to uninstall EIS and reinstall but now it works fine. I tried lots of things but EIS but it would just not start but all is good now. :)

Last edited:

Maxxx58

Level 13
Verified
Dec 20, 2014
Hi @Exterminator , I've just reinstalled my Windows 10 Creators Update using MSDN ISO. And my brightness problem now gone. I think because there is a problem with Windows 10 Education. I reinstalled my Windows 10, but Pro version instead of Education version as before, and all things are great still now.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant - Confirmation for Creators Update - Users are NOT forced to install.
More Information

upload_2017-4-6_16-8-12.png

Users can choose when to update, cancel update and even revert builds if they don't like it.
upload_2017-4-6_16-12-4.png

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011

SherKaan

Level 12
Verified
Mar 17, 2014
I'm having problems with Chrome.

There is a GUI glitch: when you click on your name (near the minimize button) nothing happens.

And it's not getting uninstalled. Tried reinstalling many times, but to no avail.

May be, WD is deleting some stuff, but how do I view the quarantined items?

NOTE: I did a clean install of the update.

Reactions: SHvFl

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016

There is a GUI glitch: when you click on your name (near the minimize button) nothing happens.

And it's not getting uninstalled. Tried reinstalling many times, but to no avail.

Try using Chrome portable. I'm using it without problem

Reactions: SHvFl

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011

It's not a WD issue, unless your syncing Adware with your Google account, but even so, Windows would notify before removal.

Try repairing the Chrome installation, or use the SRT utility.
Chrome Cleanup Tool

Winter Soldier

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
OK, manually downloaded and installed it yesterday evening via the official MS downloader; about two hours and then the last restart.
First of all I created a Macrium image of my last configuration, but I have to say no real problems.
Sandboxie 5.16 does not work anymore and I had to reinstall Adguard, because the right click menu got non-clickable items, but after reinstalling it, all is well.
MS Disc Cleaning tool has eliminated approximately 16 GB of Windows old files.
I have planned to create a clean installation but I have the doubt about any issues of my lifetime ZAL license on a new installation.:oops:

Reactions: SHvFl and frogboy

JHomes

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2016
I took a snapshot with RollBack Rx before, installed the update with no apparent issues. Took one after too since all seems fine. Gonna do my weekly Drive Cloner backup this PM but I'm glad this is working.

Reactions: frogboy
D

Deleted member 178

I took a snapshot with RollBack Rx before, installed the update with no apparent issues. Took one after too since all seems fine. Gonna do my weekly Drive Cloner backup this PM but I'm glad this is working.
You manage to upgrade while in RX? you like play with fire lol.

Reactions: Danielx64

JHomes

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2016
You manage to upgrade while in RX? you like play with fire lol.

Yes and no, while I'm partially running a bit of risk, I did some personal research to see common things updated that can break RollBack during an update, there wasn't much here that made me worry. Also HDS claims new build is better prepared to handle updates, so I wanted to test it personally.

Reactions: Deleted member 178
D

Deleted member 178

Yes and no, while I'm partially running a bit of risk, I did some personal research to see common things updated that can break RollBack during an update, there wasn't much here that made me worry. Also HDS claims new build is better prepared to handle updates, so I wanted to test it personally.
Mostly upgrades touch the MBR structure which is the main source of issues with RX.

Reactions: JHomes

I do private build testing for HDS. HDS recommends uninstall of RX before any Windows upgrades like 1607 or 1703. Proceed at your own risk without doing so first. A system meltdown is sure to happen eventually. That is why HDS advises to uninstall RX products prior to any Windows "upgrade."

Last edited by a moderator:

ZeroDay

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
OK, manually downloaded and installed it yesterday evening via the official MS downloader; about two hours and then the last restart.
First of all I created a Macrium image of my last configuration, but I have to say no real problems.
Sandboxie 5.16 does not work anymore and I had to reinstall Adguard, because the right click menu got non-clickable items, but after reinstalling it, all is well.
I have planned to create a clean installation but I have the doubt about any issues of my lifetime ZAL license on a new installation.:oops:
If it helps my Zemana lifetime license is still working and I've performed 4 clean installs of Windows 10 since I've had the license.

nastavnikhe

Level 10
Verified
Content Creator
Dec 16, 2012

What's your doubt about Zemana lifetime license? Installatioon on clean system is no problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.