Ask about Crypto Crypto Mining protection

Disclaimer: Any information contained on this forum is provided as general market commentary, and does not constitute investment, financial, trading or other sort of advice.

Dave Russo

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 26, 2014
Would anyone tell me how do I know if I am being crypto mined and what is best protection?
Is a product called Black Fog being used by anyone here and if so what do you think ? Thanks

Reactions: vtqhtr413

motox781

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Apr 1, 2015
Can't comment on BlackFrog, but from my experience... most Antivirus apps are not friendly to crypto miners, both legit and not. If you haven't seen an alert yet, things are likely clean. 2nd opinion for peace of mind.

Other than that, POW miners are resource hogs. 1st place I'd check is task manager, CPU/mem usage. Check for anything out of the ordinary.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Black Frog is not free, where this can be achieved for free or using the same methods you use to avoid adware, malware and other threats.

Your Adblocker has been able to block coin-hive since 2017.

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.