CryptoMonitor - Stop all known crypto-ransomware

Status
Not open for further replies.

Overkill

Level 31
Verified
Honorary Member
Feb 15, 2012
Not much to it really, but it is very secure!
Example: My Chrome sandbox
Chrome is forced to run sandboxed and the contents are deleted when it closes.
Settings>Restrictions>Internet Access: Only Chrome is allowed to run
Settings>Restrictions>Start/Run Access: Only Chrome is allowed to run
Settings>Restrictions>Drop Rights: Enabled

Overkill

Level 31
Verified
Honorary Member
Feb 15, 2012
I have IE set the same way. Nothing can run when it's configured the way I have it.

Reactions: Moose

DecrypterFixer

Level 1
Verified
Apr 7, 2015
CryptoMonitor v2.0.260.0

CryptoMonitor has received a large update that has finally put all the freezing, and errors to a stop. Please update your current version asap for a stable build.

CryptoMonitor's back code has been overhauled and is now faster, and uses less resources then ever. We will be making a compilation video of CryptoMonitor stopping all the latest Ransomware soon to reassure users of how powerful CryptoMonitor really is.

There are a few errors that need to be reproduce and tested still,but none of these will effect your system, or the way that CryptoMonitor runs.

Thanks for all of your patience and we look forward to our app providing you with the best protection against Ransomware!

You can either update CryptoMonitor from inside the current application, or if the old build has issues for you, you can simply download it and install from our product page:

https://www.easysyncsolutions.com/products.html

Reactions: Overkill and Moose

DecrypterFixer

Level 1
Verified
Apr 7, 2015
Sandboxie isn't always practical for all users, and some want a plan b protection. I wont go into all the reasons or ways that CryptoMonitor can provide protection that other apps cant. I built the tool because of all the victims i help on a daily basis they get hit, and it will server its purpose well :)

That being said, Sandboxie is a great product, and i would recommend it to anyone who is in the right situation to use it. CryptoMonitor will also run along side sandboxie to offer any protection on something that may have been accidentally allowed through!

Reactions: Overkill and Moose

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
Salutations,

On the free version, questions?
> Does not start when Windows 8.1 Pro start up?? Manaully have to start is this normal??
> Entrap Protection is green and on
> Count Protection is black and off is this normal?
> LockMode Status is green and off
> Even Alert Staus is red and off is this normal?

Also not seeing the yellow around the browser from time to time??? With sandboxie?

Wondering if the above is normal and will it work correctly your Pro version?
And future version of Windows?

Last edited:

DecrypterFixer

Level 1
Verified
Apr 7, 2015
Does not start when Windows 8.1 Pro start up?? Manaully have to start is this normal??
Ensure that you have the latest version 2.0.270.0, and also that you have Task Scheduler enabled in windows.
Count Protection is black and off is this normal?
Yes. Count protection is a pro feature, and also is a extremely heavy protection feature. We did not want it to be red and make people think they need to turn it on if entrapment protection is already on.
Even Alert Staus is red and off is this normal?
This simply means you do not have Alerts turned on in the app to get emails and texts.

Wondering if the above is normal and will it work correctly your Pro version?
And future version of Windows?
All of the above is normal except the startup, which you will have to give me a little more info on (is CryptoMonitor in the Task Scheduler? Is it in the registry? Is task Scheduler Service enabled on your machine? etc.).

And yes, CryptoMonitor is already running on quite a few windows 10 machines with numerous clients.

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011

Version 2.0.270.0
Also, a very little BSOD going on...
Sandboxie border is working corectly now.

> I will check startup later on this evening to make sure?@@@
> I have 4 PC's and will install through out the next couple of days?
> I hoping that everything will go well?

Last edited:

DecrypterFixer

Level 1
Verified
Apr 7, 2015
I have not received any events of a bsod at all from my app since 2.0.260.0, are u speaking of a error or a blue screen crash?

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
No! Just a flash in the K-Meleon Browser from time to time!
More of a flash problem. I do not think it anything to worry about...

Last edited:

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
Salutations,

Seeing the samething on the 2nd PC below!
Also not seeing the yellow around the browser from time to time??? With sandboxie?
Hope this feedback help out!

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
Skip posts 31 thur 34,because of confusion.

Also, do you have a uninstall/removal tool, just in case the normal uninstall
fail?

DecrypterFixer

Level 1
Verified
Apr 7, 2015
I'll add it to the features list, but it will most likely remain on the back burner unless that actually becomes a issue.

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011

Also, after turning the PC off at night. And turning the PC back on after it has been setting for 8 hours.
CyrptoMonitor has a problem starting up and running. And said that it is senting the error message back to
the server. It happen on all 4 PC's the same above issue.

> Will a lic.,key cover all 4 PC's?

Again, I hope that this help you out!:)

Last edited:

DecrypterFixer

Level 1
Verified
Apr 7, 2015
Ya, there is no issue with the app at the moment. We are having problems with our hosting company, and thus we are switching hosts. The error your seeing means that it cannot validate your license. Everythign will be back to normal by today.

DecrypterFixer

Level 1
Verified
Apr 7, 2015
Everything should be working properly now with validating the license. We went ahead and put the old system back up while working on the new one. Lots of new goodies coming in the near future :)

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
What are goodies that will be coming to CyrptoMonitor? Time frame? Additionally, could you about your other software products.
Details and with a video for youtube? And how they tie in with your other CryptoMonitor?

Reactions: Koroke San

Tony Cole

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
May 11, 2014
I have just brought a new Pro license, I really like the addition of the UK mobile networks. These random files, how do they work. Also Kaspersky is not on the internal whitelist, I have added all the processes, will you be adding Kaspersky and HitmanPro?

Reactions: Moose
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.