Not open for further replies.

Tony Cole

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
May 11, 2014
Hi Everyone:

I found this on Bleeping Computer.com

The guys name is Nathan. Global Moderator QuietMan says the guy has been working on the project for quite sometime (did not know how to post screen shots):

CryptoMonitor is a new Anti-Ransomware solution that was developed to protect your computer or server against the wave of encrypting Ransomware that has been in the wild the last few years. These infections, like CryptoWall, CryptoLocker, CTB Locker, CryptorBit, KeyHolder, TELSA, Operation Global, TorrentLocker, CryptoDefense, ZeroLocker (And Many Many More.), will use numerous exploits or other methods to get onto the victims machine and once launched encrypts/locks all personal files. When completed the Ransomware will then hold true to its name, and demand a ransom in order to get your files back, or forever face life without them.

All too often victims do not have backups of their files, cannot or will not pay the criminals, or their Anti-Virus software simply wasn't enough to prevent these attacks. With all of this in mind, CryptoMonitor was created to prevent your data being encrypted even when the ransomware bypasses your installed anti-virus solution.

CryptoMonitor does not rely on definitions to protect you from encrypting ransomware, but instead relies on behavioral detection that allows it to detect encrypting ransomware before it has a chance to encrypt your data. With this type of approach, even brand new crypto-ransomware infections will be stopped in their tracks without you having to worry about updates to the software. In fact, 90% of the time CryptoMonitor will lay in your system tray silently protecting you until the day you need it, and if that day comes your data will be safe.

http://www.easysyncsolutions.com/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/for...ypto-ransomware-before-it-encrypts-your-data/

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/cryptomonitor-free-ransomware-protection-tool

Tony - go check it out!

Last edited:

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
Been using for a couple of days! Does not play well with sandboxie at this point....ect
Without sandboxie it work just fine! So, you would have to enable and disable sandboxie.
I thinking about purchasing this in the next couple of days.

What about NetArchiver? And there backup coming soon?

Alexstrasza

Level 4
Verified
Mar 18, 2015
I was also thinking about installing CryptoPrevent, does it work like, or go well with CryptoPrevent?
Judging from how CryptoMonitor works I'd say it is compatible with CryptoPrevent.

Hitman Pro Alert is much better than CryptoPrevent. I think that once the developer of the CryptoMonitor. Get the few bugs work-out it will be a great piece of software. Also, work well with Hitman Pro Alert!
You probably forgot that HitmanPro.Alert does not provide crypto ransomware protection in freeware mode, while CryptoPrevent does. Both have their uses.

nissimezra

Level 25
Verified
Apr 3, 2014
Hitman Pro Alert is much better than CryptoPrevent. I think that once the developer of the CryptoMonitor. Get the few
bugs work-out it will be a great piece of software. Also, work well with Hitman Pro Alert!

@Tony Cole The answer to your question is yes! Yes! without question!
I've tested Hitman Pro Alert, it done nothing when run ransomware

StriderHunterX

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jan 10, 2015
Seems like a really good solution.

Eager to try it out on some unprotected PC's.Does it work with MalwareBytes Anti-Exploit? (Pretty sure we're not supposed to run multiple Anti exploit on top of another,but...>_>)

Alexstrasza

Level 4
Verified
Mar 18, 2015
Seems like a really good solution.

Eager to try it out on some unprotected PC's.Does it work with MalwareBytes Anti-Exploit? (Pretty sure we're not supposed to run multiple Anti exploit on top of another,but...>_>)
I wouldn't call this an anti-exploit in the aspects that MBAE, HMP.A and EMET are.

But just to be sure, I'll ask Nate (the dev).

EDIT: I asked Nate, and he has tested it with MBAE, HMP.A and CryptoPrevent. All are fine.

Last edited:

DecrypterFixer

Level 1
Verified
Apr 7, 2015
Hello All,

I just came to post to tell you about CryptoMonitor and Sandboxie.

CM will actually work with SandBoxie 100% with no issues. The only prerequisite is that when you download and install CM, you disable SandBoxie for that brief moment. Otherwise it is installed to a virtual sandbox, and then the driver in the application cannot figure out the file system structure.

Once CM is installed, you can run them both together all day long :)

thanks!

tallorder

Level 6
Verified
Jan 15, 2015
Ok, Thanks, all. Will come back here in a week or two, and start to try things out more... (once my new computer is actually in my hands)...when is that?!!:):(

Reactions: frogboy

DecrypterFixer

Level 1
Verified
Apr 7, 2015
Reactions: Moose

Tony Cole

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
May 11, 2014
I installed CryptoMonitor V 2.0 and purchased the Pro version, but all I get is the software opens upon system start up but then the message pops up saying CryptoMonitor has stopped working and the system freezes up, you then have to shut down the process via task manager. And suggestions/help?

DecrypterFixer

Level 1
Verified
Apr 7, 2015
A new update has been pushed that fixes the hanging that cryptomonitor was causing with certain other apps installed. If you were having any other issues please update your build :) thanks!

Overkill

Level 31
Verified
Honorary Member
Feb 15, 2012
Been using for a couple of days! Does not play well with sandboxie at this point....ect
Without sandboxie it work just fine! So, you would have to enable and disable sandboxie.
I thinking about purchasing this in the next couple of days.

What about NetArchiver? And there backup coming soon?
If you use sbie (and it's configured properly) you really don't need CM.

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
Salutations,

I do believe that it is configured properly? Could you give more detail on configure properly, so,I can make sure that it is configured properly? Just checking to be save than sorry?

Kind regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.