Crystal Security 3.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Wave

I love this project because not only do I like the effort the developer puts into it (think about how many hours he has spent developing this software, answering all the questions here, contacting VirusTotal for inquiries on usage to make sure he's staying within the boundaries, etc)... Countless hours over the YEARS.

As well as this, I have never seen the developer lie about his project... He doesn't claim it will detect "99.9% malware" or that it's more powerful than other products and he doesn't make promises he can't keep... I just see a recursive pattern of lots of hard work to implement new features and keep things well-maintained. :) Even when he had to take that long break (last year?) he returned and instantly hopped back onto the Crystal Security development.

Honestly I love this project and I have mad respect for the developer. Usually I am not a fan of ".NET security products" but this one is a definitive exclusion to that; I'm even going to use it myself :) :p

Kardo Kristal

From Crystal Security
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jul 12, 2014
Hi @Wave,

Thank you for the feedback.
It's amazing how long this project has been in development for by just a single developer, about 6 years?

I developed it for three years.
It's looking spectacular, and this software is really nice and useful IMO (and it's FREE which is a big bonus) It's looking as sharp as a fresh haircut from the barbers, the GUI is really nice and easy to use

I am glad you like it. :)
By the way, how easy/hard is to implement selective engine feature?

@Yash Khan It is not hard to implement such feature:
  1. Additional settings where users can select engines
  2. Additional code to show/hide each engine result based on the Settings
  3. Changes in percentage code to show correct ratio (which is based on the selected engines)
  4. Testing to avoid bugs in overall results.
There are no plans to add such feature to avoid any conflict in VirusTotal usage.

Regards,
Kardo

D

Deleted member 2913

Hi @Wave,

@Yash Khan It is not hard to implement such feature:
  1. Additional settings where users can select engines
  2. Additional code to show/hide each engine result based on the Settings
  3. Changes in percentage code to show correct ratio (which is based on the selected engines)
  4. Testing to avoid bugs in overall results.
Currently there is no plan to add such feature to avoid any conflict in VirusTotal usage.

Regards,
Kardo
Got it.

Wish you could implement it.

Thank You

Kardo Kristal

From Crystal Security
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jul 12, 2014
Hi Kardo .. Please Add Settings to change the proxy .. I Can't Use VirusTotal ..
Or Using Jotti

Hi @Hamed.Sims,

Thank you for the suggestion. It will be added in the near future. :)
Can you say when you will release the next Version please

Hi @Mops21,

Thanks for the interest.

No ETA date. Sorry. I hope that next version is ready for the next week.

Currently there is a plan to:
  • Improve "Start with Windows" feature to bypass UAC prompt on every start-up.
  • Add references for VirusTotal service
  • Fix some reported issues
@Jeff_T - Testing Group sent a lof of feedback about latest build. He reported many issues. :)

Now I am making a list of all reported issues and suggestions.

Regards,
Kardo

Mops21

Level 34
Verified
Honorary Member
Content Creator
Oct 25, 2014
Hi @Hamed.Sims,

Thank you for the suggestion. It will be added in the near future. :)

Hi @Mops21,

Thanks for the interest.

No ETA date. Sorry. I hope that next version is ready for the next week.

Currently there is a plan to:
  • Improve "Start with Windows" feature to bypass UAC prompt on every start-up.
  • Add references for VirusTotal service
  • Fix some reported issues
@Jeff_T - Testing Group sent a lof of feedback about latest build. He reported many issues. :)

Now I am making a list of all reported issues and suggestions.

Regards,
Kardo

Hi

Thank you very much for your Infos. After that Release will you add the Multilanguage support right

With best Regards
Mops21

Last edited:

Kardo Kristal

From Crystal Security
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jul 12, 2014
After that Release will you add the Multilanguage support right

@Mops21,

There is currently one bug in active protection which is reported by many users. It is better to fix that issue before multilingual support.
When that particular bug is fixed then everything should be good and then I can add multilingual support. :)

Regards,
Kardo

W

Wave

You can use the Windows Task Scheduler to bypass the UAC prompt however you will need admin privileges to set it up at first - this is at least how most software which will bypass the UAC prompt will do it, however they normally do it from the installer which will be running as admin already so it can drop the program files to the protected Program Files directory.

An example of software which bypasses the UAC prompt via the Task Scheduler would be CCleaner - it even creates a task with the name which implies it is using the task for that specific purpose. Xvirus Personal Guard also uses this method. :)

W

Wave

Hi @Wave,

Yes. I will use that method. I tested it few days ago on 32 and 64-bit systems successfully. :)

Regards,
Kardo
If the self-protection is enabled in Crystal Security, you could make it an additional feature to automatically re-create the scheduled task if it becomes deleted, so some sort of persistence self-protection feature. (as long as the auto-start is enabled of course). :)

Mops21

Level 34
Verified
Honorary Member
Content Creator
Oct 25, 2014
@Mops21,

There is currently one bug in active protection which is reported by many users. It is better to fix that issue before multilingual support.
When that particular bug is fixed then everything should be good and then I can add multilingual support. :)

Regards,
Kardo

Thank you very much for your Infos again

With best Regards
Mops21

Kardo Kristal

From Crystal Security
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jul 12, 2014

Hi @Aura,

Thanks for the information.

I suggest to white-list whole Malwarebytes directory.
  1. Launch Crystal Security
  2. Go to Whitelist section
  3. Right-click on empty area in Whitelist section
  4. Choose: Add Folder to Whitelist
  5. Locate the folder: C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\MBAMService\ctlrupdate
  6. Finally click OK to confirm
After that there should be no alerts about Malwarebytes updates.

There is also possible to white-list directory via Notification by clicking on Advanced options.

Can you please quote my suggestion? :)

Regards,
Kardo

Kardo Kristal

From Crystal Security
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jul 12, 2014
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.