Jul 12, 2014

Mops21

Level 34
Verified
Honorary Member
Content Creator
Oct 25, 2014
Hi @Kardo Kristal and Hi all

Here are some new Infos for the Roadmap of Crystal Security in this year 2017 that he posted in the wilders Security Forum

There is a plan to add new in-house engine which will be based on different rules set to determine if file is malicious or not. It will work in offline mode and there is no database or database updates.
New engine improves over-time with new/improved rules set. There will be also sensitivity levels so user can configure it easily via Settings.

New In-house engine will be also primary engine.There is no unknown result for this engine but if file is unknown to Collective cloud then it will be still uploaded and re-checked later to confirm file status.

There will be also other improvements in next 3.7 Beta version.

I wish everyone a Happy New Year!

And any Infos for the multilanguage Support, when yes when will you add this

With best Regards
Mops21

Last edited:

Kardo Kristal

From Crystal Security
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jul 12, 2014
Thanks for your update.

@Captain Awesome You are welcome. :)
And any Infos for the multilanguage Support, when yes when will you add this

@Mops21 Multilingual will be added too but at the moment it is not a priority. Currently I want to make a lot of changes in active protection and in other features to fix bugs and improve performance. Next version will be most probably Beta because there will be a lot of changes in the next version. :)

Regards,
Kardo

Mops21

Level 34
Verified
Honorary Member
Content Creator
Oct 25, 2014
@Captain Awesome You are welcome. :)

@Mops21 Multilingual will be added too but at the moment it is not a priority. Currently I want to make a lot of changes in active protection and in other features to fix bugs and improve performance. Next version will be most probably Beta because there will be a lot of changes in the next version. :)

Regards,
Kardo

Ah okay thank you very much for your Info

With best Regards
Mops21

Kardo Kristal

From Crystal Security
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jul 12, 2014
Hi,

I looked at the statistics for the previous month and here are the results. :)

The following statistics have been gathered from the cloud analysis.

December (31 days):
  • Total queries: 288 735
  • 9 314 files per day
  • 388 analysis per hour
  • 6 analysis per minute
It is great to see such results and statistics.

Thank you to all the users. :)

Regards,
Kardo

S

Sr. Normal 2.0

Hi,

I looked at the statistics for the previous month and here are the results. :)

The following statistics have been gathered from the cloud analysis.

December (31 days):
  • Total queries: 288 735
  • 9 314 files per day
  • 388 analysis per hour
  • 6 analysis per minute
It is great to see such results and statistics.

Regards,
Kardo
You still do a great job and Crystal Security is my partner in system. In fact I no longer look for an AV of which crystal is going to be his companion, now I look for a companion for Crystal. In fact he is more veteran in my equipment and the one that carries the gallons of command

I am still a proud user of crystal Security :)

Parsh

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
...It is great to see such results and statistics.
You honor us with your dedication and awesome engineering.The users return the honor by their loyalty. You've earned it mate :D
I'm sure the overall statistics would be much better.
All the features and customizable behavior of components that CS provides to the user gives a class to it!

I wish the best for your current development of inhouse intelligent module.
I have a request, please do not remove the VT module from options ahead.

Kardo Kristal

From Crystal Security
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jul 12, 2014
You still do a great job and Crystal Security is my partner in system. In fact I no longer look for an AV of which crystal is going to be his companion, now I look for a companion for Crystal. In fact he is more veteran in my equipment and the one that carries the gallons of command

I am still a proud user of crystal Security

Hi @Sr. Normal 2.0,

Thank you for the kind words bro. It is great to hear that you like Crystal Security.

You are very helpful and good member here. Your feedback is much appreciated. :)
@Kardo Kristal
Can I use crystal security in my company computer? Right now, my company has service-level agreement (SLA) with Kaspersky. However, The rate of updates is slow. It bother me so I want try companion AV.

Hi @bunchuu,

Thank you for the interest.

Definitely. You can fully use it for free. If you need any help with configuration, e.g. to increase detection ratio, protection or to decrease notifications then feel free to let me know anytime. :)
You honor us with your dedication and awesome engineering.The users return the honor by their loyalty. You've earned it mate
I'm sure the overall statistics would be much better.
All the features and customizable behavior of components that CS provides to the user gives a class to it!

Hi @Parsh,

Thank you for the kind words. :)
I have a request, please do not remove the VT module from options ahead.

Do not worry. Collective cloud option will be still available. :)

Regards,
Kardo

shoebox

Jan 21, 2017
Hi, new here, so apologies if this is wrongly posted. I'm interested in downloading crystal security however I have some reservations after seeing some reviews on youtube. I understand there has been an recent update so maybe there aren't any issues at all. Can somebody maybe do a similar video test to this to reassure me that this program won't result like this:

Reactions: Andrew999
W

Wave

Hi, new here, so apologies if this is wrongly posted. I'm interested in downloading crystal security however I have some reservations after seeing some reviews on youtube. I understand there has been an recent update so maybe there aren't any issues at all. Can somebody maybe do a similar video test to this to reassure me that this program won't result like this:
Every security product will have a good and bad day... I recommend you test Crystal Security yourself and keep it if you feel comfortable with using it, and if it doesn't work well for you then you can simply remove it.

I personally vouch for Crystal Security because it's worked well for me in the past, and continues to work well for other members among this forum whom I'm friends with, so no problem there.

The same situation which occurred in the video could've happened with any security product on a bad day.

Kardo Kristal

From Crystal Security
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jul 12, 2014
Great job @Kardo Kristal , keep up the good work!

Hi @JM Security,

Thank you. :)

Hi @shoebox,

Thanks for the interest.

Latest version should be quite stable based on the users feedback.
Please try out latest build and if there is any issue on your system then please let me know anytime.

Your feedback is much appreciated. :)

Regards,
Kardo

Kardo Kristal

From Crystal Security
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jul 12, 2014
Do you have any future plans to release an UWP app for Windows 10 users?

Hi @Spawn,

Thank you for the information about UWP. :)

In my opinion UWP is very good for developers but currently there is no plan to switch development stage.
I believe that Crystal Security is mostly useful for desktop and notebook users.

Regards,
Kardo

DeepWeb

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 1, 2017
I am using this now. Version 3.7 beta. Really loving just watching it whitelist/analyze and upload files in real time. I could watch it all day. I am using it on a standard user account with admin mode disabled. Will this affect the way it operates? From what I see there is little difference. :)

Really loving it.

Last edited:

mekelek

Level 28
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2017
I have been toying with 3.7 portable in a VM
it's actually a pretty good VT scanner, but there are some major issues with it
for one, why is the sample allowed to run while the VT scan is not complete and there is no result?
and for two, there are samples that come back clean/without VT results, meanwhile process explorer is showing VT results of 24/70
UI is pretty good, really light, but i just can't understand why let the process run when there is no verdict on it, it can be too late by the time it comes back.
rather just have a window that says that the execution is delayed than letting it run..
imo this is a pretty good contender for people that are looking for a sig checker for their CF combo, @Evjl's Rain
informative popups also, i like the detailed info.
also an option to rescan an executable on cloud from UI maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.