Advice Request Crystal Security? - Any Good

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

SearchLight

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 3, 2017
Anybody ever use this? Came across it by accident. Looks good but does it work well?

ChoiceVoice

Level 6
Verified
Oct 10, 2014
i like it, it's light and elegant. it uses virustotal and will kill anything that fails analysis. i think jotti might be better, as virustotal has some crap AVs on there that throw up a lot of false positives, so crystal will then overreact b/c virustotal overreacted. perhaps if the crystal developer allowed us to change a setting so there had to be 2 or 3 virustotal detections to count as a crystal detection. it's not a big deal though, you can just allow it.

anyway, it is really really easy to play with, just download the portable. turn it off if you're installing or updating something, cuz it might kill it. :) and the developer has a thread here on MalwareTips with a lot of dialogue. i'm too lazy to look it up for ya, lol.

Andrew999

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 17, 2014
No updates for 2 years, is the project dead?
Well, I don't think it is 'dead' per se because it is still getting automatic definition updates from Malware sources and uses Virustotal, so it is worth using if you want malware protection. But for program updates, I am guessing @Kardo Kristal is just busy with life at the moment. I do think he will eventually come back and do a small update especially if there is something that is badly broken with the program.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.