Norton Security 2015 Standard - Zemana Anti Malware Premium
Firewall security
Periodic malware scanners
Zemana Anti Malware Premium - Mbam free - Eek - ADW cleaner - JRT tool
Malware sample testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Opera( always latest build ) : Https Everywhere - Lastpass - Adguard - Zenmate
Maintenance tools
Auslogics Boostspeed- Ccleaner ( enhanced with Ccenhancer ) - Privazer - o&o defrag professional
C

Crystal_Lake_Camper

Thread author
yes I know froggy ;) there is a thin line between love and hate for a product , the karmic circle once again closes :p grabbed a copy for nvt exe radar pro , so might add that later on.

C

Crystal_Lake_Camper

Thread author
Added admuncher ( software based adblocking as in utorrent and others ) NVT exe radar pro. So this Will be my config For a long long time now. As For my on and of switching of AVG products : i have tried and trialed Many security products but only AVG manages to make feel secure , safe and complete it is what makes me me! ;)

JakeXPMan

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 20, 2014
Can't even get free Lifetime license from Comodo even if you report a bug that saves half the known world... :D

The AV and Firewall are already free :) ... its as if Comodo said, *aah! feel free to help us and f*** off every man to himself* ;) ...Here's a link again to our free Firewall and a Chromodium-oxide poisoning :p

To be really honest though my opinions of Comodo software have gone way up the past 3 years, not down. They do real unique work you don't find often for free. :cool:

Last edited:
H

hjlbx

Thread author
The AV and Firewall are already free :) ... its like Comodo said, ah... feel free to help us and f*** off every man to himself ;) Here's the link again to our free Firewall and a Chromodium-oxide poisoning :p

To be really honest though my opinions of Comodo software have gone way up the past 3 years, not down. They do some real unique things you don't find often for free.

I agree.

Reactions: Rishi

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Interesting to see, cause barely few users will undergone auto renewal process of license key considering that independent testing organizations highly influence the decision making on which products to choose.

Reactions: Crystal_Lake_Camper
C

Crystal_Lake_Camper

Thread author
Interesting to see, cause barely few users will undergone auto renewal process of license key considering that independent testing organizations highly influence the decision making on which products to choose.

I was looking for a security product , thst would not interfere with my everyday activities and also provides robust protection against various threats. Norton succeeds in those fields. my dessicion making is not based on any of the testing companies , the consistant track record speaks for itself. I have used symantec before in 2003 and 2014 , they have come a long way , from a resource hungry soso product , to a light and tight product , its not the best , but is fills my needs ;) plus all the uninstall and re-install of different products will lead to the famous windows rot.....Norton is a keeper , so thats the main reason for auto renewal :p

D

Deleted Member 333v73x

Thread author
What is your experience with Crypto Prevent and what have you tweaked in Norton's settings? The only thing I've done is changed 'Boot-Time Protection' to normal.

Reactions: CySecy825
C

Crystal_Lake_Camper

Thread author
I have changed boottime protection also , the rest is stock ;) I have not seen any alerts from crypto prevent yet ( lcuky me :) ) but it runs nice and quitly : just ad the protection layer you want and the program refreshes the group policies and restarts your pc , the program itself does not require to run in realtime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.