Norton Security 2015 Standard - Zemana Anti Malware Premium
Firewall security
Periodic malware scanners
Zemana Anti Malware Premium - Mbam free - Eek - ADW cleaner - JRT tool
Malware sample testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Opera( always latest build ) : Https Everywhere - Lastpass - Adguard - Zenmate
Maintenance tools
Auslogics Boostspeed- Ccleaner ( enhanced with Ccenhancer ) - Privazer - o&o defrag professional
D

Deleted Member 333v73x

Thread author
@VatosLocos My main laptop is not very powerful at all so it's good that it doesn't run in real-time, can you please upload some screenshots?

C

Crystal_Lake_Camper

Thread author

Attachments

• crypto01.jpg
    crypto01.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 291
  • crypto2.jpg
    crypto2.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 337
  • crypto3.jpg
    crypto3.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 288
C

Crystal_Lake_Camper

Thread author
I use maxium protection plus program filtering. I also have a cheap laptop which whas on sale at mediamarkt here , it was taxfree at the moment for under 300 euro so its not the most powerful either , so like you I need light protection

C

Crystal_Lake_Camper

Thread author
Addded : NVT Exe Radar Pro latest beta , removed voodooshield reason for this google chrome started acting up and the boottime of my laptop skyrocketted. also removed MBAE ( Norton Security has its own exploit protection now ). also added Timefreez 2016 for malware play :p

Last edited by a moderator:
C

Crystal_Lake_Camper

Thread author
turned on realtime protection and pandora engine in zemana :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: silversurfer
C

Crystal_Lake_Camper

Thread author
Changed uac : maximum NVT is stable thanks to Some members who are active as Well as in the NVT thread on Wilderssecurity. So bugs that may exist Will be mentioned to the developpers who are also active on Wilders.

C

Crystal_Lake_Camper

Thread author
removed : google chrome , kept having problems with updating to newest versions.
also removed utorrent , the ads in the program are just too much.

added : opera and vivaldi
qbittorrent ( what a relief NO ads :D )

Reactions: silversurfer
N

Noxx

Thread author
I keep adding and removing and adding and removing Google Chrome. I really like it, but it's just a tad heavy for my tastes. Vivaldi is a solid addition, and apparently 32-bit is the most stable one. I'm currently waiting for 64-bit.

Reactions: Crystal_Lake_Camper
C

Crystal_Lake_Camper

Thread author
Have you tried Tixati? I found it even better than qbittorrent. Also no ads but better features - ie, binding, choice of no ipv6 amongst other things.
thanks for the tip! I did try tixati and I did not like it , download speeds where slow. qbit is as fast as uttorrent ;)

Reactions: uninfected1
C

Crystal_Lake_Camper

Thread author
removed : google chrome , kept having problems with updating to newest versions.
also removed utorrent , the ads in the program are just too much.

added : opera and vivaldi
qbittorrent ( what a relief NO ads :D )

yes chrome runs heavy especially when zenmate is installed! vivaldi has a nice look to it , I am trying to familiarize myself with it momentarely :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.