RoboMan

Level 34
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
Let me show you quickly how to get a nice looking MacOS similar look on your Windows machine.

y6AYKuC.png

STEPS:

1. Create a restore point (we're not modifying the registry or similar, but just in case)
2. Download the following software

RocketDock: Download RocketDock - RocketDock.com

Install it.
3. Configure RocketDock to automatically start at boot.

ggCcd45.png

4. Configure the icons size and shapes. You can copy my setup.

WScs6qj.png

5. As for the position on the dock, use the following configuration

pddjdEm.png

6. For the Style part, choose Vista and the following opacity levels

ZcRofce.png

7. To add or delete elements on the dock, just right click it

Wl3N6mK.png

8. Right click the taskbar, go to configuration. Enable "use small taskbar buttons"

using-and-tweaking-the-windows-10-taskbar-use-small-taskbar-buttons.png

9. Right click on the desktop and untick "Show all desktop icons" (don't worry, in the future you can tick it again and all icons will still be there)

ekO06fO.png

See before

G5GMKXZ.png

And after

ncWKY7E.png

10. Right click the taskbar and go to configuration. Enable "automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode"

KbgJ2xO.png

11. Install my desktop background: https://wallpaperscraft.com/image/s...night_beautiful_landscape_99817_2560x1440.jpg

You should now have a similar MacOS look on your Windows device :)
y6AYKuC.png

Winter Soldier

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
Thanks for sharing ;)
These transformations are quite funny and also beautiful to look at, but, if you do not have specific needs, in addition to the curiosity, I do not see reasons to change the Windows Desktop that can be customized in a thousand different ways without the need to use external programs.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.