Cyberghost not connecting

Elpibe

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Sep 26, 2015
My problem i think it started when my premium key ended, and now i cant use cyberghost as free. I already try reinstalling, desactivating all my security programs, i dont know what else to try. It just say coneccting, and no error or anything happens (i click in connect come back after 20mins and nothing).
I try a paid VPN (a 3 day trial) to know if the problem was just for cyberghost or for all VPNs, and it worked fine.

Anyone had a similar problem or know a possible solution? i didnt find anything...

Reactions: AtlBo and XhenEd

Elpibe

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Sep 26, 2015
did you check if the network adapter for cyberghost is enabled?
I check in device manager if theres was any red cross or the yellow warning sign but didnt find anything, i dont know which network adapter is from cyberghost, because i dont see any adapter with CG name on it.

Reactions: AtlBo
Upvote 0

Atlas147

Level 30
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 28, 2014
I check in device manager if theres was any red cross or the yellow warning sign but didnt find anything, i dont know which network adapter is from cyberghost, because i dont see any adapter with CG name on it.

The adapter would be named "ethernet 2" or something like that but the subtext would say "TAP-Windows Adapter V9".

You can also try uninstalling the adpater itself and reinstalling it through the CG app

Reactions: AtlBo
Upvote 0

Elpibe

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Sep 26, 2015
Ill try that when i get home, i uninstall 2 from other vpns, i remember i see a TAP-Windows Adapter V9, but instead of uninstall (cause i wasnt sure if it was from CG) i found a link to the adapter from openvpn (if im not wrong) and installed it.

Reactions: Atlas147
Upvote 0

Elpibe

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Sep 26, 2015
The adapter would be named "ethernet 2" or something like that but the subtext would say "TAP-Windows Adapter V9".

You can also try uninstalling the adpater itself and reinstalling it through the CG app

It didnt work, i dont know what else to try :unsure: i dont remember any change in my pc from when CG worked fine to this day...

Upvote 0

Atlas147

Level 30
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 28, 2014
You should contact support and see if they are able to assist you from there! Are you sure there aren't any error messages that pop up when you're trying to connect to the free servers?

Upvote 0

eonline

Level 21
Verified
Well-known
Nov 15, 2017
Have you installed the update KB2750841? If so, remove it from your system. Restart and try again to connect. Greetings friend

Upvote 0

Elpibe

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Sep 26, 2015
When you reinstalled the program deactivated the beta option of the program? Greetings friend.
Yes, beta is desactivated by default and i never activate it.

Have you installed the update KB2750841? If so, remove it from your system. Restart and try again to connect. Greetings friend
I tried that too...

I contact CG support, but they didnt help at all... They ask me if there was any error, and since there wasnt any, they told that they free servers are "a little bit crowded".

I use CG since a couple of years, and the free version before had a countdown of ppl connecting to a server. I remember that around 3k or 4k ppl connecting at the same time took me about 3 to 5mins to connect. Now i wait 20 - 30mins and nothing happen... so or they increase their "free planers" in the last 2 years by 6 times (25k ppl connecting at the same time) or they support sucks...

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.