LastPass
*Backup Browser= Edge
AdGuard DNS
AdGuagd Premium
Ublock
LastPass
Maintenance tools
Kerish Dr. (Premium)
Ccleaner (Lifetime) (browser cleaning only)
File and Photo backup
Macrium Reflect Home (Premium) Cloning
System recovery
Reflect Home (Premium)

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
Ok, Last change.
I went ahead and reinstalled ReHIPS, I was having some small issues with firefox being protected.
After some suggestions from SHvFI I got it done right :)
@SHvFI
I did what you suggested and it appears it was from some old rules lingering.
I also (before reinstall) searched the whole system including hidden files and folders for any leftovers to ReCrypt / ReHIPS
and removed them, then did the same with "regedit find" till all was gone, then did a Ccleaner clean up.
Upon re-adding the rules it added FireFox just fine and it works and is protected with my addons working smooth too :p
So now its just a game of patience till I can buy ReHIPS.
Thanks for your suggestions SHvFI
PeAcE
Sorry i missed this post somehow even though you tagged me. I am glad you got it sorted. Devs are really helpful and fast to take action so bugs get removed fast. We just need to report them before release if you notice any.
Internal builds keep giving fixes at a fast rate so i am confident that release version will be great but it needs patience.
It's a program starting from the ground up and devs don't compromise. They will put out a product that works well and is secure. I am sure you prefer that than bugs every week and new versions to try and fix like it happens with some other products.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Ok, Last change.

So now its just a game of patience till I can buy ReHIPS.
Thanks for your suggestions SHvFI
PeAcE
not sure if you meant you want to see the stable version come out, but FYI, you can buy the present beta version, if you want to get rid of the nag screen and the limitation of 10 isolated processes (so you can use chrome). It is good for a year, inclu. updates.
I did it.
The code it gave me was for old version, but fixer gave me a code that works for the current version.

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
not sure if you meant you want to see the stable version come out, but FYI, you can buy the present beta version, if you want to get rid of the nag screen and the limitation of 10 isolated processes (so you can use chrome). It is good for a year, inclu. updates.
I did it.
The code it gave me was for old version, but fixer gave me a code that works for the current version.
Very nice, what did it run you for a 1yr sub ?

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Not bad, ok I will look into this.
Thank You shmu26
ReHIPS is a pretty awesome program, but I did notice a certain cpu usage with it, around 1/2% on my system, similar to voodooshield cpu usage.

NVT ERP, which I am presently playing with again, shows 0% cpu. it is old fashioned, but it works like a demon and protects vulnerable windows processes as well. I took rundll32.exe off the list of vulnerable processes, though, because I got too many prompts from my HP printer. But I am getting off the subject...

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
ReHIPS is a pretty awesome program, but I did notice a certain cpu usage with it, around 1/2% on my system, similar to voodooshield cpu usage.

NVT ERP, which I am presently playing with again, shows 0% cpu. it is old fashioned, but it works like a demon and protects vulnerable windows processes as well. I took rundll32.exe off the list of vulnerable processes, though, because I got too many prompts from my HP printer. But I am getting off the subject...
lol, Its all good buddy, thanks for the feedback :)

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014

If you use the gui then it has a ~1% load. A 1% load is nothing but if you really don't want that either and want it to be close to 0 run it in lockdown mode without gui.

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
I trust it completely, I have it intergrated into my OS.
I let it clean all areas of my PC, I wont install a software that I cant utilize all of its functions and not trust.
I have had it for a while now and the one thing it lacks that keeps me from uninstalling Ccleaner is a realtime
browser monitor, if it had that I would remove Ccleaner, that's how much I trust it..
Thanks for asking @Overkill

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Ok, I tried the HitMan products for a month, got to know it
and can navigate in both of them pretty fluidly.
I had to buy them, I am hooked now. in my config now you can see evidence of my fondness.
I like that one key can be used for both as well, that's kind of SurfRight aka Sophos.
So sadly, I think my tinkering with my config days are drawing to a close, unless some new
groundbreaking technology is released of course :)

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Ok, here's the scoop,
A long time friend of mine in the business of Custom building PC's
offered me Avast Endpoint, he got a good deal and is utilizing it
on his business PC's, I'm not big on sig based protection as you know
but I thought "ok I will set aside my dislike and give it a whirl"
It has taken me a day just to read up as I go and config this properly.
Faster than it would have been if not for Jack, Thanks :)
Anyway, I like it but I think having to re-do the firewall rules is a big
pain in the posterior.
I removed or disabled W.A.R and HMPA to try this so that I would not
break anything, and I will not clone this setup as of yet, I am still debating
as to weather or not to commit to this config. Having said all that I must admit
Avast is fast and very impressive with its multitude of config options. Kind of
fun to play with. I honestly think the home version would be less stressful for
me though. lol

Last edited:

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Well, back to the old config, I spent the day re-applying my custom firewall rules
and tweaking Avast only to find that after a restart when I navigated to mark PunkBuster
as trusted for outbound that I had no custom rules, I was at this all day off and on between the girls
and people stopping over. I got very grumpy, lets put it that way lol :confused:
I reverted to a restore point from the 7th and said screw it I am not doing that again.
My lesson here would be I let my curiosity get the better of me, and maybe the adage
"if it aint broke don't fix it" kinda thing. My friend laughed at me when I told him the story
I told him where he could stick his Avast and we both laughed. I was still upset though I hate wasting
that much time and dedication only to see it not pay off, but hey such is life at times.
I do believe I won't be curious again anytime soon, and if I am, Frog buddy direct me here to
this post as an intervention will ya ?
PeAcE

Last edited:

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Well, back to the old config, I spent the day re-applying my custom firewall rules
and tweaking Avast only to find that after a restart when I navigated to mark PunkBuster
as trusted that I had no custom rules, I was at this all day off and on between the girls
and people stopping over. I got very grumpy, lets put it that way lol :confused:
I reverted to a restore point from the 7th and said screw it I am not doing that again.
My lesson here would be I let my curiosity get the better of me, and maybe the adage
"if it aint broke don't fix it" kinda thing. My friend laughed at me when I told him the story
I told him where he could stick his Avast and we both laughed. I was still upset though I hate wasting
that much time and dedication only to see it not pay off, but hey such is life at times.
I do believe I won't be curious again anytime soon, and if I am, Frog buddy direct me here to
this post as an intervention will ya ?
PeAcE
you are one of the few people who is willing to admit how much time they wasted on failed attempts at a new and "better" security config. tell me about it...

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.