LastPass
*Backup Browser= Edge
AdGuard DNS
AdGuagd Premium
Ublock
LastPass
Maintenance tools
Kerish Dr. (Premium)
Ccleaner (Lifetime) (browser cleaning only)
File and Photo backup
Macrium Reflect Home (Premium) Cloning
System recovery
Reflect Home (Premium)

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Can i get a video of you saying that to your wife? Remember to mark it NSFW because i am pretty sure murder is not allowed.
For real though why is Defender needy? I don't use it so would love to know.
I put here -> Poll - Have you allowed Windows Defender to scan your PC, periodically?
But for you I will add it here so you wont have to travel lol :p
I tried to be a good boy and leave it on, but it suffers from the same nag crap the last version had.
At every login after about 15 or 20min it warns me it needs to scan. Without a reboot every day it warns me of needing to scan
at least 1 to 2 times a day. I nuked it today and removed it R.I.P Defender ;)
EDIT
With real time protection on, and scans scheduled in Task Scheduler for daily scans these irritating messages should not appear, but they do.
MS fixes that and I will give it a go later on down the road.
END

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Edit: Nuked and removed ZAF.
Logethica shared his ZAF config with me so I may try re-adding it soon.
Thank You Logethica, I appreciate your taking the time to give solid advice my friend.

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Does VoodooShield Pro add any more security than the free version, besides the advanced snapshot and getting the latest version?
It only adds advanced customization options that wont concern most average users.
But if you like having those extra options, and supporting one of the best Dev's in the business then 20 bucks is well worth it, at least for me.
PeAcE

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Ok,
I was not getting any benefit for the key encryption feature from ZAL beta so I removed it
and replaced it with Reason Core, it employs the cloud just like ZAL but has the bundle protection
as well.
For those of you that were aware of my search for a Firewall or Firewall tool to give me
more control I settled for EmsiSoft IS, I am familiar with the firewall and can easily set custom
settings from there. So as much as i hate running AV's I have it installed "for now."

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Ok, Last change.
I went ahead and reinstalled ReHIPS, I was having some small issues with firefox being protected.
After some suggestions from SHvFI I got it done right :)
@SHvFI
I did what you suggested and it appears it was from some old rules lingering.
I also (before reinstall) searched the whole system including hidden files and folders for any leftovers to ReCrypt / ReHIPS
and removed them, then did the same with "regedit find" till all was gone, then did a Ccleaner clean up.
Upon re-adding the rules it added FireFox just fine and it works and is protected with my addons working smooth too :p
So now its just a game of patience till I can buy ReHIPS.
Thanks for your suggestions SHvFI
PeAcE

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
One small tweak today.
Added: HitMan Pro Premium as my On Demand
Removed: Zemana Anti Logger 2.2 (Till it's working correctly)
Who knows, if HitMan Pro proves itself I may leave it on for good.
PS: I do know that with my huge HDD's HitMan scan completes in 6min 30sec flat
that's not bad with a 1.5 TB HDD that's 60% full.

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Thinking about trading ReHIPS for HitManpro Alert.

As much as I like and believe in ReHIPS the lack of a release date is very frustrating.
I respect that they want to release a solid product, but by the time they get their eggs
in a basket their window of opertunity may have closed. The landscape is always changing
in the security world, I honestly need protection for today's internet and threats one can
only wait so long before moving on.
I hope this makes sense, I like the product and the concept, I for the life of me
don't understand the lengthy delay in release or at least a "planned release date" I feel they
are shooting their self in the foot on this project over at ReCrypt but still respect them.
Maybe there's a licensing or Copyright issue or something behind the scenes, I wish them
the best either way.
I am currently learning HitManPro Alert and like what I see so far.

D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

Removed: Zemana Anti Logger 2.2 (Till it's working correctly)
I also think its not ready yet to be used on production machine and some of protection abilities aren't working properly, when ZAL 2.2 come out of BETA it will be a good product, no doubts. As for HitmanPro.Alert, i think its very costly, if prices were a bit friendlier.. other than that, i think its great additional security software, if you can afford it. :eek:

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
I'd use HitmanPro Alert, but I used up my 30 day free trial many moons ago:(
If you regedit all the leftovers, then show hidden files folders and clean out all refrences to hitman pro / hitmanpro alert and use a secondary
Email, you can reuse a trial version. I only know this because before using any software I read up on it, and there are plenty that have that
issue that are posting for solutions on the net lol ;)

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
I also think its not ready yet to be used on production machine and some of protection abilities aren't working properly, when ZAL 2.2 come out of BETA it will be a good product, no doubts. As for HitmanPro.Alert, i think its very costly, if prices were a bit friendlier.. other than that, i think its great additional security software, if you can afford it. :eek:
Agreed, and it's a big issue when it is at a point where primary functions are hobbled, even if it is a beta, you need a solid foundation for a beta at least.
Thanks guys for the feedback, you know I appreciate it :)

ElectricSheep

Level 14
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 31, 2014
If you regedit all the leftovers, then show hidden files folders and clean out all refrences to hitman pro / hitmanpro alert and use a secondary
Email, you can reuse a trial version. I only know this because before using any software I read up on it, and there are plenty that have that
issue that are posting for solutions on the net lol ;)

I'd give it a go if I could, but that complicated stuff's beyond me, lol:p And registry entries are just gobbledygook to me, so I don't mess around with that stuff:eek:
I'm just a simple sheep, best suited to grassy pastures:cool:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.