Level 53
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Ok, as much as I enjoy Sophos, its way to damn "Net Heavy" for my taste.
Removed: Sophos Home Beta
Woke up: DeepArmor

So now I am again running a totally Sig-Free Config :)
I must admit it feels good to be back to a Signature-less setup, my PC sent me a Thank You card. lol

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
@_CyberGhosT_ I heard a lot of great things about DeepArmor! How do you like it thus far?
It has been on my PC since the first beta (2yrs I think), just disabled and sleeping for a few months.
I have had very few issues with it and believe it or not it uses less net than Sophos (by far).
I used to leave it running no matter the config I was using. It has matured enough that
it is a solid addition to any config. Amir Houssain and I communicate on Twitter and follow
each other. They are winning awards and making improvements in leaps and bounds.
They are also based in Houston Texas.
SparkCognition DeepArmor: DeepArmor-Home – SparkCognition Inc

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
It has been on my PC since the first beta (2yrs I think), just disabled and sleeping for a few months.
I have had very few issues with it and believe it or not it uses less net than Sophos (by far).
I used to leave it running no matter the config I was using. It has matured enough that
it is a solid addition to any config. Amir Houssain and I communicate on Twitter and follow
each other. They are winning awards and making improvements in leaps and bounds.
They are also based in Houston Texas.
SparkCognition DeepArmor: DeepArmor-Home – SparkCognition Inc
I guess about half a year ago I was using it but it seemed to slow down launching of programs and general system responsiveness. Their support told me they would try to fix that, but I haven't followed up on it.
Have you noticed any improvements in that area?

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
I guess about half a year ago I was using it but it seemed to slow down launching of programs and general system responsiveness. Their support told me they would try to fix that, but I haven't followed up on it.
Have you noticed any improvements in that area?
Yes I have, try it now brother if you need the Pass worded DL Panel link, let me know via PM
EDIT:
I can post it here, noone can access it without a Spark issued PW so its safe to post here, heres the link incase you need it.
DeepArmor Beta – SparkCognition Inc
Thats a lite config - >
DA_SS.png

Like is says in my disclaimer in my config page, Emulate With Caution, if you do not practice safe browsing and or safe computing practices. Just a (fyi)

Last edited:

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Yes I have, try it now brother if you need the Pass worded DL Panel link, let me know via PM
EDIT:
I can post it here, noone can access it without a Spark issued PW so its safe to post here, heres the link incase you need it.
DeepArmor Beta – SparkCognition Inc
Thats a lite config - > View attachment 170523
Like is says in my disclaimer in my config page, Emulate With Caution, if you do not practice safe browsing and or safe computing practices. Just a (fyi)
Gonna try it again.

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
@_CyberGhosT_ i have 2016 version beta for home how can i get the latest version thanks in advance, also i'm looking for the enterprise version if you can share it with me
First part: if you get the 36 installer I believe all the updates and tweaks are done server side, they dont need to change the UI yet, they may after the Beta as a kind of refresh but I am not their rep so thats just an educated guess.
Second part: As far as the Enterprise version, impossible to share as the key for a machine is (In general) generated & stored server side, and matched not only to the account, but that particular machine in a manner I am sure only Spark and their Cognitive AI team could dream up, but that's neither here nor there because even if I could, I would not betray Amir / SparkCognition / or this community by sharing it, that's not what we do here, not one of us that are Trusted Members would (I like to think)
I'm not mad, but now ya know ;)

Last edited:

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
However, DA don't offer real-time offline protection....:rolleyes:
Have a offline scanner handy if it makes one feel better ? I do, and I have a whole community here too if needed. I will be fine :)
Harbor, your the doom seer of my friends lol, but you keep it real, and I like that in ya brother :p

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
@_CyberGhosT_ thanks for your reply its for a demo purpose they dont offer Enterprise version to test and ive contacted the team one month ago no response

regards
No worries, if you tried to "Request A Demo" and are yet to hear something, which is odd in and of itself, try the option marked "2" in
the SS (See SS included below) and I can guarantee that they will reply.
Tagging staff too, Sarah can help you too as she is an official Spark Rep, keep us informed ;)
@sarah_at_spark
DA_SS.png

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Spent the day formatting both Firecuda's then downloaded the tool and ran it for the Fall Update,
I have to say, I am glad I waited, very smooth transition, but configuring later and the Format took ages lol
Now running v.1709: 16299.19
They are "both" fresh installs so not needing to clone for a while, I did that on purpose so that I can clone Dec.12th and not have to
again till 2018 I will not have anything pending this X-Mas :)
Version updated within Config. PeAcE
PS: updated my delay so both were set to (14 day) matching delays. Windows seems to like that and have less hiccups (from my experience).

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.