LastPass
*Backup Browser= Edge
AdGuard DNS
AdGuagd Premium
Ublock
LastPass
Maintenance tools
Kerish Dr. (Premium)
Ccleaner (Lifetime) (browser cleaning only)
File and Photo backup
Macrium Reflect Home (Premium) Cloning
System recovery
Reflect Home (Premium)

Svoll

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 17, 2016
I was thinking I switch apps more than anyone here, guess I was wrong =D At page 6 of your awesome configs and your struggle thru testing each and everyone! MY favorite so far and something I will hopefully remember is

My lesson here would be I let my curiosity get the better of me, and maybe the adage
"if it aint broke don't fix it" kinda thing. I was still upset though I hate wasting
that much time and dedication only to see it not pay off, but hey such is life at times.
I do believe I won't be curious again anytime soon, and if I am, Frog buddy direct me here to
this post as an intervention will ya ?
PeAcE

But you know what, sometimes it a lot more fun to test new software and experiment with it for at least 3 days to a week. I feel if i get too accustomed to something, I would reject anything new.

Will continue finish reading this thread later, Time for some leftover New Years BBQ, and then back to MT. Take Care Brother!
Interesting how Umbra had the same issue I had with ZAL. Hope his license is resolved or has he given up on it as I have.

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Ok, the EmsiSoft AM and DeepArmor Combo was nice but I missed HMPA.
I reverted to my HMPA setup so I am done testing configs (for now)
Till more Sig-less options enter the market
For me and my system HMPA & W.A.R are a solid Combo and great for gaming.
I have tested configs for all of the top sig-less solutions available and there are
a couple good ones, VooDooShiled & DeepArmor is a lite & minimal config but it
requires a very safe approach to surfing. Another good one is HMPA and DeepArmor,
I like WAR a lot and HMPA provides the browsing security I need so I don't have to pile
on the addon's. I hope someone like me who utilizes lite configs can benefit from these
config options, I tested them for myself but am glad to share them here.
There are more ( lite configs ) I have tested many, I just listed a couple that I have found suitable.

Parsh

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
Ok, the EmsiSoft AM and DeepArmor Combo was nice but I missed HMPA.
I reverted to my HMPA setup so I am done testing configs (for now)
Till more Sig-less options enter the market
For me and my system HMPA & W.A.R are a solid Combo and great for gaming.
I have tested configs for all of the top sig-less solutions available and there are
a couple good ones, VooDooShiled & DeepArmor is a lite & minimal config but it
requires a very safe approach to surfing. Another good one is HMPA and DeepArmor,
I like WAR a lot and HMPA provides the browsing security I need so I don't have to pile
on the addon's. I hope someone like me who utilizes lite configs can benefit from these
config options, I tested them for myself but am glad to share them here.
There are more ( lite configs ) I have tested many, I just listed a couple that I have found suitable.
Great insight into WAR and Deep armor, you've been sharing. The idea of lite config in such a way is brilliant. Subscribed for D.A. Beta.
What about your firewall setup?

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
@_CyberGhosT_, I would love to hear about your experiences with Deep Armor some time, if you get a chance.
I reinstalled DA, and let it run for a few days. Then I reinstalled ReHIPS, which gives you running logs of everything that executes on the system. I noticed that DA was executing a real lot, and I didn't like that so much -- it looked too busy to me.

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
@_CyberGhosT_, I would love to hear about your experiences with Deep Armor some time, if you get a chance.
I reinstalled DA, and let it run for a few days. Then I reinstalled ReHIPS, which gives you running logs of everything that executes on the system. I noticed that DA was executing a real lot, and I didn't like that so much -- it looked too busy to me.
It's protecting your system in real time, how much is too much ?

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Well, Avast is also protecting in real time, but I don't see an entry in the log for it, every time I go and execute a process.
I have had DeepArmor from the start and never have I seen it use more than 30mb of memory and 0% CPU
if that bothers you brother, uninstall it maybe ?
**I just read that and realized that sounded kind of pissy. Not meant that way.
For real-time protection that is such a small amount of resources it is
not even worth mentioning let alone worrying about. ;)

Last edited:

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
I have had DeepArmor from the start and never has I seen it use more than 30mb of memory and 0% CPU
if that bothers you brother, uninstall it maybe ?
hey, you're the gamer. I don't really know so much about system optimization. If a lot of process execution doesn't bother you, then it surely shouldn't bother me.

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
hey, you're the gamer. I don't really know so much about system optimization. If a lot of process execution doesn't bother you, then it surely shouldn't bother me.
If cpu, disk usage and maybe ram(depending on how much ram you have) are low, system performance will be high. You mentioned Avast but from my testing it had one of the higher disk usage i ever saw.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.