LastPass
*Backup Browser= Edge
AdGuard DNS
AdGuagd Premium
Ublock
LastPass
Maintenance tools
Kerish Dr. (Premium)
Ccleaner (Lifetime) (browser cleaning only)
File and Photo backup
Macrium Reflect Home (Premium) Cloning
System recovery
Reflect Home (Premium)

askmark

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 31, 2016
@SHvFI
I got it to trigger on the USB creator tool untbootin, here check it out :p
View attachment 119000

It for sure does not like Unetbootin lol
Hey @_CyberGhosT_ if you don't mind me asking what are the system requirements for DA and what resource usage are you seeing on your PC? I'm particularly interested in peak RAM and average CPU.
Thanks brother :)

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Hey @_CyberGhosT_ if you don't mind me asking what are the system requirements for DA and what resource usage are you seeing on your PC? I'm particularly interested in peak RAM and average CPU.
Thanks brother :)
Hi Mark,
The sysrem requirements are what you would expect, read them if you need more detail, I cant recall off the top of my head.
Here is the usage and let me tell ya, I hardly notice its there. This, when released is going to cause quite a stir barring any weird revelations.
This and VS together, wow bro.
DA_SS.png

considering what it does, the usage is not too bad. check out my links on page 10 to read up on it, it's worth your time. ;)

askmark

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 31, 2016
Hi Mark,
The sysrem requirements are what you would expect, read them if you need more detail, I cant recall off the top of my head.
Here is the usage and let me tell ya, I hardly notice its there. This, when released is going to cause quite a stir barring any weird revelations.
This and VS together, wow bro.
View attachment 119041
considering what it does, the usage is not too bad. check out my links on page 10 to read up on it, it's worth your time. ;)
Sorry I didn't realise that info was readily available. I will definitely check out the links.
Wow! That mem and cpu usage is really low. Looking forward to taking it for a spin myself. Thanks to you I've signed up for the beta so hopefully it won't be too long before they reply.
My only reservation is that gui. I think it needs more work. There doesn't appear to be much info on the popup in your screenshot to make an informed decision to block or allow. Is this the case?

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Sorry I didn't realise that info was readily available. I will definitely check out the links.
Wow! That mem and cpu usage is really low. Looking forward to taking it for a spin myself. Thanks to you I've signed up for the beta so hopefully it won't be too long before they reply.
My only reservation is that gui. I think it needs more work. There doesn't appear to be much info on the popup in your screenshot to make an informed decision to block or allow. Is this the case?
You can click for more info. I was just showing it does wake up, next time I will expand it to show what info (Details) it provides ;)
Yes it is low considering it watches the files in realtime. I am quite impressed so far.

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Any more screenshots would be nice - especially the more info and settings pages if possible ;)
Alerts, Messages, & Register are the only options in the panel at present brother or I
would have posted that by now. It is pretty sparse right now I will go digging in the install folder later today
and see what I can dig up.

askmark

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 31, 2016
Alerts, Messages, & Register are the only options in the panel at present brother or I
would have posted that by now. It is pretty sparse right now I will go digging in the install folder later today
and see what I can dig up.
Oh wow that sounds a lot like Cylance's interface. I wonder what configuration will become available - they need some exclusion option as a minimum.
Sorry I wasn't sure if you were limiting the screenshots because of some NDA or othet beta restrictions. Im really not trying to rush you its just the project sounds exciting and obvs keen to know more :)

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Oh wow that sounds a lot like Cylance's interface. I wonder what configuration will become available - they need some exclusion option as a minimum.
Sorry I wasn't sure if you were limiting the screenshots because of some NDA or othet beta restrictions. Im really not trying to rush you its just the project sounds exciting and obvs keen to know more :)
When it flags something you have an exclusion option, I think what you meant is a white listing feature ?
If not, sorry for assuming
:EDIT:
There is a white listing .csv in the folder, so I bet it is going to be added later ;) or you will
be able to add at the time of detection

askmark

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 31, 2016
When it flags something you have an exclusion option, I think what you meant is a white listing feature ?
If not, sorry for assuming
:EDIT:
There is a white listing .csv in the folder, so I bet it is going to be added later ;) or you will
be able to add at the time of detection
Yes and no ;) Exclude folders from being scanned and whitelisting of trusted processes.
To me it sounds like alpha rather than beta. Would that be a fair assessment?
Tell me to get lost if i'm being a pain as I can get too excited when unknown but interesting software suddenly appears on my radar.

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Yes and no ;) Exclude folders from being scanned and whitelisting of trusted processes.
To me it sounds like alpha rather than beta. Would that be a fair assessment?
Tell me to get lost if i'm being a pain as I can get too excited when unknown but interesting software suddenly appears on my radar.
lol, no it's all good brother.
It very well may be an alpha seeing they don't even have a forum setup yet for
testers to gather.

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
How does it compare with WAR if you tried them together? They should actually be comparable because they have the same idea on how they should work.
I am asking because i don't see this guys emailing me back this year. Bet 2017 will come before they reply. Just live Deepviz that made a beta client in June and they still didn't update it.

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
How does it compare with WAR if you tried them together? They should actually be comparable because they have the same idea on how they should work.
I am asking because i don't see this guys emailing me back this year. Bet 2017 will come before they reply. Just live Deepviz that made a beta client in June and they still didn't update it.
Hi SHvFI :)
No I haven't done a comparison with W.A.R my wife is using it on her laptop my old dell XPS gaming laptop.
I would not dump DeepArmor in the same bucket as DeepViz, DeepArmor has deeper pockets and a
much better Dev team imho.
I hope they get back to you (DeepArmor) before 2017 ;)

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
Hi SHvFI :)
No I haven't done a comparison with W.A.R my wife is using it on her laptop my old dell XPS gaming laptop.
I would not dump DeepArmor in the same bucket as DeepViz, DeepArmor has deeper pockets and a
much better Dev team imho.
I hope they get back to you (DeepArmor) before 2017 ;)
Yeah i hope the same. It annoys me to find interesting software which i can't use. That OCD really really doesn't come in handy in this situations.

EDIT: So i found someone from their team here. Lets annoy her for faster access :D

Last edited:

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
@CyberGhosT_ how you getting on with linux? You do know @Umbra is waiting for you to go back to Windows 10:p
Doing good, I have to reinstall my Mint OS, I was going from Elementary OS back to Mint and borked it
some how, I am fixing it tonight. I like Elementary, but Mint is so much better in my opinion ;)

Andytay70

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 6, 2015
Doing good, I have to reinstall my Mint OS, I was going from Elementary OS back to Mint and borked it
some how, I am fixing it tonight. I like Elementary, but Mint is so much better in my opinion ;)

I did some homework on linux and "woosh" it went over my head! hoping to keep up with your config so whem im ready i'll give linux a bash!

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Updated the lower portion of my config to list my Linux Mint Cinnamon setup:
NOTICE = My default OS is Linux Mint Cinnamon
Firewall: Default Firewall
AV: Sophos
Browser: Firefox w/ NoScript, WebRTC, AdGuard (Premium), & LastPass
DNS: Custom DNS Servers= AdGuard DNS
Encryption: Encrypted Drive & Home folder
Account: Local Account (non root)
Backups: Lucky Backup

Thats how it reads ;)

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.