Open MalwareTips from your Home Screen or desktop. Follow discussions, find answers and pick up where you left off.
If you cannot find an install option, update your browser or use its bookmark option to keep MalwareTips close.
After installation, open the app and sign in. Enable push notifications in Preferences if you want alerts. On iPhone and iPad, push requires a Home Screen web app and iOS or iPadOS 16.4 or later.
Sign in to manage notificationsInstallation is optional. Your notification settings stay under your control.
I think I understand your issue now. You use SSD Fresh, which requires Visual 2017. CyberLock also installs/requires Visual 2017, if I remember well. It appears SSD Fresh uninstallation is interfering with or removing Visual 2017, which is affecting CyberLock.I think i have found it, i had the program SSD Fresh installed, and it shared Ms Visual 2017 with CL. After installing it all seems good. At least so far.
About uninstalling SSD Fresh, that thrashed CLs functionality and no self protection from CL warned or poped up about the messing with it.
Please read my above posts, they answer both questions.
Also, you said "i had the program SSD Fresh installed, and it shared Ms Visual 2017 with CL". Why would SSD Fresh "share" Visual Studio? with CyberLock?
@pxxb1, It's starting to sound like you have other issues that are unrelated to Cyberlock at all. First it was Hasleo, now is SSD fresh and MS Visual? Nooope. I'm not buying what you're selling. There's some other common denominator at play here.
So, the issue couldn't possibly be HiBit Uninstaller? That's a third variable. Besides, I use SSD Fresh and Cyberlock and I have no issues at all.
I understand that, but you presented it in such a way that made it seem like cyberlock was at fault. When it could have very easily been, quite literally, anything else, as evidenced by the growing list of variables.
I have 2 versions of MS Visual C++ 2015-2022; 14.44.35208 and 14.44.35211.
You essentially tried to file a bug report, saying something is wrong with cyberlock. Yet, you had no proof. And, worse yet, it wasn't even reproducible. That unfairly tried to make Cyberlock look bad, and that isn't fair. In short, do the tiniest bit of research next time.
issues between just you & danb should be by PM, this is the Cyberlock thread of all us MT members. I for one tend to agree with @n8chavez re your posts about your issue. There can be overlap with some other software at times, but within reason.I did!
Again, the interpretation is yours as an individual.
You are to emotional about this. This is between me and danb, no one else.
So when uninstalling SSD Fresh with HiBit Uninstaller, which monitored both those installations, it affected CL and destroyed it.
I guess you installed SSD Fresh with HiBit monitoring and uninstalled it using the monitored "log," which removed Visual 2017 and affected CyberLock. A normal uninstallation won't remove the dependency, but a monitored uninstallation/installation log will.Right now, i think something went wrong when monitoring the install of CL and SSD Fresh and their interdependens via Ms Visual 2017 caused something.
But it's not though. If it was then you'd email, and not post in a public forum. I just didn't appreciate you trying to make danb look bad.
issues between just you & danb should be by PM, this is the Cyberlock thread of all us MT members. I for one tend to agree with @n8chavez re your posts about your issue. There can be overlap with some other software at times, but within reason.
Not by pm, but in this thread when he responds, because i am at liberty to respond to whomever i want. That`s what i meant in post #256. I will not respond to others posts if they are toxic and confused which has been the case so far. People who has not read all posts about the subject but nevertheless responds as if they have a grip of the subject, and therefore instead of contribute in a positive way, derails the thread and subject at hand.issues between just you & danb should be by PM, this is the Cyberlock thread of all us MT members. I for one tend to agree with @n8chavez re your posts about your issue. There can be overlap with some other software at times, but within reason.
Email @danb at cyberlock support about the 99yr. license.My license expired 3 days ago. Is there a discount for renewing the license?
Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes