Open MalwareTips from your Home Screen or desktop. Follow discussions, find answers and pick up where you left off.
If you cannot find an install option, update your browser or use its bookmark option to keep MalwareTips close.
After installation, open the app and sign in. Enable push notifications in Preferences if you want alerts. On iPhone and iPad, push requires a Home Screen web app and iOS or iPadOS 16.4 or later.
Sign in to manage notificationsInstallation is optional. Your notification settings stay under your control.
Why not 9.15?9.14 beta all OK![]()
That too, I'll try to keep up sorryWhy not 9.15?
No need to be sorry.That too, I'll try to keep up sorry![]()
Sorry about thatNo need to be sorry.![]()
Your forgiven my son.Sorry about that.
Thanks for the latest update. My issue with Claude Desktop is fixed.
Interesting, thank you for letting me know, I will check it out right now. Does this happen each and every time you start FF portable? And do you launch FF portable directly or do you launch it through PortableApps.com_Platform_Setup_30.5.paf.exe? One last question... when there is a block, does Sirius analyze the file each and every time? If so, that means something has changed within the file, so it will have a different hash, and if that is the case, CyberLock will need to block it.Hi @danb,
Thanks for the latest update. My issue with Claude Desktop is fixed.
I now have a new issue. I start to run Firefox in PortableApps (PortableApps.com - Portable software for USB, portable, and cloud drives).
When I open portable FF, Cyberlock keeps asking me about FF, even if I repeatedly click Allow. Cyberlock flags firefox.exe as safe but just do not auto allow.
Also, if I close FF, it will hang.
@oldschool, WOW, very cool! If Sirius can win you over, it can win anyone over, so this is a great sign@danb - Indeed, I even enabled SiriusGPT with this update and I like it. And I've gotten used to the mini-prompts. Everything nice and smooth.
Please see my other reply above. So I just tested and CyberLock worked exactly as designed... it had the exact blocks that it should have had in order to properly protect the system, and then it did not block when it was not supposed to block.Hi @danb,
Thanks for the latest update. My issue with Claude Desktop is fixed.
I now have a new issue. I start to run Firefox in PortableApps (PortableApps.com - Portable software for USB, portable, and cloud drives).
When I open portable FF, Cyberlock keeps asking me about FF, even if I repeatedly click Allow. Cyberlock flags firefox.exe as safe but just do not auto allow.
Also, if I close FF, it will hang.
@danb, after many yrs of us telling people this is a default deny solution, now you say it has been fail open all along. I don't know what to say. Under what conditions did it used to fail open exactly ?. After 15 years of development and with CyberLock being as stable as it is, I figured it was time to switch to fail-closed.
Sorry, I should clarify. VoodooShield / CyberLock has always been default-deny, and that has not changed.@danb, after many yrs of us telling people this is a default deny solution, now you say it has been fail open all along. I don't know what to say.
Tell me this, if your AI says something is 95% malicious, and the user is away from the computer for 1/2 hr, would Cyberlock allow it to run ? ( fail open). Or would Cyberlock block it ( fail closed ) ?
Fail-open is the default for most products, and it should be, otherwise if there is an issue with the driver, the whole computer will lock up. In fact, I have seen remarks on MalwareTips and Wilders where someone said "it is smart that you designed it fail-open" for CyberLock and also other similar products.@danb, I think a security solution should always fail closed. Low level problem or not. Attackers can perhaps introduce the error and take advantage of it failing open. I think this is important enough for you to contact all users and informing them to do an important upgrade
Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes