'Cyberpunk 2077' runs so terribly on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One that its creator is offering refunds

Tutman

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 17, 2020
  • The hotly anticipated game "Cyberpunk 2077" launched Thursday.
  • Players on the Xbox One and the PlayStation 4 have expressed discontent with the game, encountering bugs, glitches, and poor graphics.
  • CD Projekt Red, the game studio behind "Cyberpunk 2077," is now offering refunds to players on those consoles.
  • "We should have paid more attention to making it play better on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One," CD Projekt Red said Monday.

MacDefender

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Oct 13, 2019
I just started playing this over the weekend, and even on a high end gaming PC, I'm seeing the slowest frame rate I've seen in any AAA title, and not very impressive graphics to justify that.

Plus the game is just soooooo buggy. People run around with their heads cut off. If you walk into some people they'll shoot you in the back out of "rage" which instant kills you. And there's all sorts of bugs with the missions that land you in a state where you can't progress anymore, and often times the previous checkpoint has the same bug so you have to revert to a much older save.

I'm gonna put it away for 6 months and let them work on patches. It'll be a good game eventually, but this is basically alpha quality at this point. If they just had one QA engineer play through the game, I think they could've known that it's not ready to release.

fabiobr

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 28, 2019

Arequire

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Feb 10, 2017
Hardly surprising. CDPR reported the game had gone gold on 5 October, then announced a delay 22 days later.
Add in the constant reports of the company forcing their employees to crunch and it was obvious they were rushing to get the game out before Christmas.

CDPR's done some serious damage to their immaculate reputation with this one.

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
The biggest fault for them was to announce the release date early. It was supposed to be released in April 2020. Just imagine how bad it would have been? Then they delayed a few times but the gaming world became angry and they eventually released a buggy game.
I think they needed at least 6-7 months more to fix everything and release the game.
I played the first mission last night and the game crashed in such a weird way. I met the character Jackie and were walking towards my car and suddenly my character fell down on the floor and died. Then it asked to restart from the checkpoint. I never faced such a weird bug like that in a game.
This is the only game I've ever pre-ordered because of my love for The Witcher 3 but so far the experience hasn't been good enough.
I'm still playing the story mode of Red Dead Redemption 2 (Last chapter) and Cyberpunk is no way near immersive as RDR2. Car driving is also worse compared to the GTA series.
I'm also thinking about playing it later and give them the time to polish the game.
BTW, there's a method for AMD CPU users to improve performance. It makes the game use all logical cores of your CPU. I'm playing the game on the AMD 3400G APU on low settings and getting playable 30-40 FPS even without this fix, so optimization has been pretty good for me.

L

Local Host

At least on PC is fine, I'm playing on Ultra (without RT) at 1080p and get stable 60FPS (with V-Sync on).

I haven't ran into any major bugs nor glitches either, the few glitches (not major) I've seen were fixed with v1.04.
The biggest fault for them was to announce the release date early. It was supposed to be released in April 2020. Just imagine how bad it would have been? Then they delayed a few times but the gaming world became angry and they eventually released a buggy game.
I think they needed at least 6-7 months more to fix everything and release the game.
I played the first mission last night and the game crashed in such a weird way. I met the character Jackie and were walking towards my car and suddenly my character fell down on the floor and died. Then it asked to restart from the checkpoint. I never faced such a weird bug like that in a game.
This is the only game I've ever pre-ordered because of my love for The Witcher 3 but so far the experience hasn't been good enough.
I'm still playing the story mode of Red Dead Redemption 2 (Last chapter) and Cyberpunk is no way near immersive as RDR2. Car driving is also worse compared to the GTA series.
I'm also thinking about playing it later and give them the time to polish the game.
BTW, there's a method for AMD CPU users to improve performance. It makes the game use all logical cores of your CPU. I'm playing the game on the AMD 3400G APU on low settings and getting playable 30-40 FPS even without this fix, so optimization has been pretty good for me.

Honestly I'm playing with a Ryzen 2600, and I get the performance I stated above without any so called fixes.

Freud2004

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jun 26, 2020

AYIZEB

Level 2
Verified
Oct 18, 2016
The game is good at the level of history, but at the optimization level and at the AI level, it is a third-rate game, I can only think that the game still had years to develop or even wanted to sell a revolutionary game and does not reach the level for example red dead 2 at the graphics level and ia ... two different companies.

MacDefender

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Oct 13, 2019
LOL, I'm laughing too hard, sorry.
Right now it is honestly funnier to read the Reddit or Twitter's #CyberBug2077 than to actually play the game. A lot of these glitches are really funny to watch but when you end up having to do the same mission over and over again because the game gets stuck or walking down the stairs kills you, it becomes much less funny!

MacDefender

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Oct 13, 2019
About 30 hours into the game, I honestly would say if you wait until Feb it’ll be a better experience. Looking forward to the next set of patches, but there’s a ton of potential to this game but between bugs and incomplete features we’ve discussed above, it makes the gameplay so different from what the developers must’ve intended.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.