Deleted member 178
Please keep it mind it is a commissioned test (aka made in concert with Cylance).Cylance commissioned AV-TEST to perform an advanced threat prevention test of enterprise endpoint protection software. In the test, CylancePROTECT® was pitted against five competing endpoint products from Kaspersky, McAfee, Sophos, Symantec and Trend Micro.
The primary goal of these tests was to show the detection and prevention capabilities of new and unknown malicious executables. The tests that AV-TEST conducted for this report represent a number of significant industry firsts: The first time that a 3rd party testing organization created their own malware in order to conduct testing
Download the report to review the results of the four test cases.
- A third-party testing organization created their own malware in order to conduct testing
- A testing organization developed new testing methods specifically designed to target next-generation vendors
Report Result Highlights:
Want to learn more? Download the full report.
- “CylancePROTECT doesn't need regular signature updates nor does it require cloud queries to detect new files, even before execution. On the other hand, the other tested products depend on updated signature databases and cloud queries to provide additional levels of detection.”
- “The tests have shown that CylancePROTECT is able to detect and prevent unknown attacks, while the other vendors have more problems with new attacks.”
- “This is the first time we tested the marketing claims' of a next-gen vendor and results showed that the claims are indeed backed up by the technology.” Maik Morgenstern - CTO AV-Test
There the Answered of the other vendors used for this test (which din't even know they were involved)
Vendors respond to Cylance's new testing methods with AV-TEST
Please note that Cylance is based on the "AI" technology.