Status
Not open for further replies.

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
you can do on-demand manual scans without having admin access on the panel.
it's at the same place where you can stop and start the background scan.
maybe your policy set by the admin isn't allowing you to change these settings? if so, ask support, they will change the policy

i'm not gonna lie, it is on par with the fastest signatures from kaspersky/norton/eset, and if you set up a ruthless policy, you will be secured.
time will tell, i need to test it more, but as others mentioned, it's very very light on the system.

thanks for that feedback! I rarely get any cylance alerts so I'm busy doing other things and have not checked the web portal in many weeks. I should spend more time there. my upstream support is cyberforce.

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
I used it for a few years and then just didn't want to pay 60 bucks a year to renew. With my version, I had a login portal.
From there I was able to do a Virus Total scan and remove them FP's. I can't remember it the files were inspected as they came on my machine or just when I tried to execute them. Also not sure how it will handle file-less malware.

sounds right, and I see reports about cylance FP but my experience is practically 0 FP, and the couple I saw were arguably FP and not surprised by those few.

Windows_Security

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 13, 2016
The idea behind the test is reto in a creative way (use an old Machine Laerning model and see whether it detects recent malware). In the old days AV-testlabs used to run scans with outdated blacklist to how well the generic rules/heuristics worked.

The old ML-engine should have been tested with a large malware set from the last three months to get an idea of the general strenght of protection. T

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.