Browser(s) and extensions
Ublock origin
Maintenance tools
Ccleaner
H

hjlbx

Thread author
Thorough config.

CCleaner + Glary Utilities will add a lot to the start up process; if so switch to portable on-demand version.

Just my opinion, but too many on-demand scanners; needlessly consumes system resources.

S

Smith83

Thread author
Just my opinion, but too many on-demand scanners; needlessly consumes system resources.

That is just it.... "On Demand" These types of scanners do not run on the machine unless prompted by user. Out of the list posted by op, the only ones that add services are Zemana and Malwarebytes. These can easily be disabled.

Reactions: frogboy
H

hjlbx

Thread author
That is just it.... "On Demand" These types of scanners do not run on the machine unless prompted by user. Out of the list posted by op, the only ones that add services are Zemana and Malwarebytes. These can easily be disabled.

There is "overhead" resource usage of any installed soft, even when not actively running. Installed soft consumes, at minimum, hard disk space...

Reactions: CMLew and mal1

CMLew

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Oct 30, 2015
You can run those in portable.
EEK
Zemana Anti-Malware
Ccleaner
Privazer

Works for me so far, except ZAM, where somehow it need admin rights to get it run.

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2
C

CySecy825

Thread author
i removed Glary Utilities and herdprotect

But ESET have Anti-Exploit component ?

and i Changed to UAC always notify

Thanks

C

Crystal_Lake_Camper

Thread author
Remove wot and bitdefender traficlight , eset has excellent malicious website detection. This means the other two overlap. Furthermore add https everywhere and zenmate as extensions to Your browser. The rest looks a-okay to me ;)

Reactions: frogboy

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
So far so good, treat NPE and Adwcleaner as your careful reference since these are intended more on heavy infection system due to aggressiveness detection but you may keep it for regular basis.

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
Approved by Staff

2s9jymOt.jpg

all is covered

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Nice config especially with the suggested changes you have implemented.Thanks for sharing your config :)

C

CySecy825

Thread author
Removed ESET because Performance issues

Added Bitdefender Anti-Ransomware
Added MalwareBytes Anti-Exploit

C

CySecy825

Thread author
Added Panda free antivirus 2016

Added Zemana Antilogger free

Nico@FMA

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2013
So far so good, treat NPE and Adwcleaner as your careful reference since these are intended more on heavy infection system due to aggressiveness detection but you may keep it for regular basis.

Not only that both products can destroy your OS if you do not understand the workings of the programs and why they might have detected some files that are NOT always infected.
NPE is great to remove nasty infections but it does like most other similar tools generate some FP's yet its removal capability is serious and will remove ANY file that it detects and while there is a rollback function, removing the wrong file can and will render your OS death.

ADW does not have the capacity that NPE has but it does things differently and can flush out malicious settings, but sometimes it also flushes out legit settings which can cause browsers and such to malfunction.

In both cases its great software but caution is advised.

C

CySecy825

Thread author
Yes i understand NPE have Advanced Heurestic Tehnologies and i am carefully when its detects something and i of course send it VT to analysis if it detect something

( Sorry bad English )

C

CySecy825

Thread author
Hi

i,m now using Kaspersky 365 and do i need any types of security softwares alonside it or is it enough ?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.