O&O Drive image

n0k0m3

Level 1
Verified
May 29, 2017
Reconfig your ESET for better HIPS and Firewall
ESET Internet Security - Ransomware Protection Setup
ESET Internet Security 10 : Recommended settings
Instead of setting HIPS to interactive, Smart mode is enough for normal safe usage.

Add AOMEI or Rollback Rx to your setup will make rebuilding machine and backup much less of a hassle (especially Rollback Rx because it saved my arse more than once per month)

Also add more 2nd opinion scanner. It doesn't hurt to have more of those (EEK, HitmanPro, Zemana)

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
@Danielx64: follow already mentioned suggestions about backup practices... You may keep O&O DiskImage 12 Pro but making regular backups of Your system.

About on demands scanners, consider to add ZAM Free, Norton Power Eraser and EmsiSoft Emergency Kit.

Thanks for sharing :)

Danielx64

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Mar 24, 2017
@harlan4096 and @Exterminator, could you please tell me why this topic is marked as caution while my other one is marked as secure?

SECURE - Danielx64's security configuration

One suggestion, you could use Macrium reflect for backup instead of O&O DiskImage 12 Pro because Macrium reflect is very fast and reliable.

While I could switch to Macrium, I rather not put $$ down the drain after spending good money on a bundle. Thank you for the seggestion though :) (One good thing about O&O is that there is no product activation in their software unlike AOMEI or Rollback Rx).

Regarding HTTPS Everywhere, does it make much of a different when most sites are on HTTPS nowdays?

I'll look at adding a second on demand scanner, but that may be a boot USB though.

Reactions: harlan4096

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
@Danielx64: I usually tag temporally as Caution in general some config when: no SmartSrceen enabled or no image system backup solution in system (making frequent backups)...

You have O&O DiskImage 12 Pro, but running weekly or monthly image backups of the system?

In general Your config is secure :)

Reactions: Danielx64

Danielx64

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Mar 24, 2017
You have O&O DiskImage 12 Pro, but running weekly or monthly image backups of the system?
When I'm installing majour software (software that install dirvers deep into the system or software large like Office) or when installing updates via msu files then I will make a backup. So that once per month if not every 2 months. I store my data on a different drive as well.

@Danielx64: I usually tag temporally as Caution in general some config when: no SmartSrceen enabled or no image system backup solution in system (making frequent backups)...
Thank you for the head up :)

Reactions: harlan4096

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.