Status
Not open for further replies.

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
Dark Mode (WebExtension)
- (available too for Chrome and Opera)... works too on Firefox ESR 52.7.0 and FF forks (Nightly -Basilisk = FF55...)
Download on addons.mozilla.org: Dark Mode (WebExtension) – Add-ons for Firefox
Download on Chrome Web Store: Dark Mode

Developer's home page: mybrowseraddon.com: Dark Mode :: MyBrowserAddon
by Bernard
A global dark theme for the web
Version 0.2.3
Last updated 3 months ago (Dec 13, 2017)
286.3 KiB
Works with Firefox for Android 48.0 and later, Firefox 48.0 and later

Dark Mode is a Firefox addon that helps you quickly turn the screen (browser) to dark - at any time.

Toolbar button serves as an ON|OFF switch which enables you to easily and quickly turn the extension ON or OFF. If you do not like the current dark theme (dark theme #1), please visit the options page and choose a different theme from the 20 options available.

There is also a white-list feature which enables you to exclude a desired domain from dark mode. Simply add domain(s) to the designated area (comma separated) and the websites will be excluded from night mode.

In order to report bugs, please fill the bug report form in the addon's homepage.

So from homepage:

4 Reasons to Use Dark Mode:

• Toggle button enables you to easily apply|remove dark theme for all websites.

• You can whitelist a desired website(s) from the options page.

• 33 General dark styles/themes and 22 custom dark styles/themes are available to use (see options page).

• Available for Firefox, Chrome and Opera browsers on all operating systems.
Toolbar button serves as an ON|OFF switch which enables you to easily and quickly turn the extension ON or OFF. If you do not like the current dark theme (dark theme #1), please visit the options page and change the theme...

- I've changed to dark mode #3 (sharp dark) - perfect, top-notch!
- but to make functionning DeepL translator, switch off Dark Mode, or whitelist DeepL from the Options page, that's all.
It's much better than "Dark Background and Light Text" add-on.

So at your new must-have add-on...:cool:
182494.png

Last edited:

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
Interesting problem of displaying the website nationalgeographic.com article content:

- try this article: 6 THINGS THAT MAKE LIFE ON EARTH POSSIBLE: Six Things That Make Life on Earth Possible

If you have the "Dark Mode" switched ON, so the article content disappears after some 1-2 seconds...
Switch the Dark Mode on "OFF" - to be able to see this article content.

Another possibility: if you don't see the content of article, click on "Modal Remover" Chrome extension icon...(with Dark Mode on ON...)
...miracle, article content appears instantly.
Interesting?

So if you have the problem of displaying some website contents, click on Dark Mode or Modal Remover icons.

Reactions: LASER_oneXM

LASER_oneXM

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 4, 2016
^^thx for this tip!
The dark mode is IMO much more relaxing for the eyes (when surfing the web at night/in the evening): unfortunately nearly all websites have a white background by default. I installed the add-on few minutes ago.. .. but unfortunately some of my most favorites sites/forums seem to have problems with this add-on.....

Reactions: Prorootect

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
^^thx for this tip!
The dark mode is IMO much more relaxing for the eyes (when surfing the web at night/in the evening): unfortunately nearly all websites have a white background by default. I installed the add-on few minutes ago.. .. but unfortunately some of my most favorites sites/forums seem to have problems with this add-on.....
First, download Modal Remover extension.
Have you readed my post #36 in another topic: Electr0n's Old Laptop security configuration (+Work PC)
- so post it here for you:

"...
I've changed (in Chrome Cent) my theme, and extension to invert the text color.

Now, use "Morpheon Dark" theme: Morpheon Dark (- to revert to default theme, go to Chrome /Appearance - then click on "Reset to default theme" button) - this Morpheon Dark theme is the best one...
Abandoned "Dark Background and Light Text", changed to "Dark Mode" extension (and for Firefox and forks too): Dark Mode - then notch in Options: Dark mode #3 (sharp dark) - best to my eyes.

In my script blockers, I've blocked fonts.googleapis.com - cause it over-exagerated the bolding of text..."

Reactions: LASER_oneXM

EarlGreyHot

Level 1
Jun 15, 2018
Dark Mode is a God send - my eyes are grateful I found it - I've tried lots of extensions like this and Dark Mode works the best for me -It has a lot of options to choose from - took me awhile but I finally found one (dark mode #21 - transparent dark) that works with most websites I visit. I also like the ability to exclude the websites I don't want darkened - though it is simple enough to click it on and off. Simple to use and does a great job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.