New Update Dashlane is ready to replace all your passwords with passkeys

CyberPanther

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Oct 1, 2019
The passwordless password manager is coming.

Passwords are dying, long live passkeys. Practically the entire tech industry seems to agree that hexadecimal passwords need to die, and that the best way to replace them is with the cryptographic keys that have come to be known as passkeys. Basically, rather than having you type a phrase to prove you’re you, websites and apps use a standard called WebAuthn to connect directly to a token you have saved — on your device, in your password manager, ultimately just about anywhere — and authenticate you automatically. It’s more secure, it’s more user-friendly, it’s just better.

Mystic

Level 4
Verified
Aug 25, 2022
When Dashlane dropped support for desktop app, I thought that was the end. Many users migrated to 1Password and negative reviews flooded TrustPilot. Now Dashlane managed to stand up again and to innovate in the field of password management.

Reactions: EascapenMatrix

I Walk MY Way

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
May 27, 2013
I like Dashlane I was one of its uses for quite some time, I'm but when they drop support for the desktop app I moved on to roboform, Even though they may be going password less now I don't think I'll be tempted back...

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.