35GB OneDrive
System recovery
Macrium Reflect (Free)

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
You already have rollback, so sandboxie is not really a must. Quality of life yes. Your setup is good enough as it is.

Looks good, the only things you could do would be:
1.) Turn UAC to 'Always Notify'.
2.) Add Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit Free - Anti-Exploit Premium - Premium Zero-Day Exploit Protection

UAC Default settings is good enough. Always Notify tends to be recommended for more average to new users. Based on OP config, default settings is good enough.

D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

Thread author
removed: Emsisoft Internet Security (i felt it was running heavy lately and that Firewall pi**ed me off eventually, i still believe its one of the best security suits made). Firefox (i use M$ Edge and Jet more, no reason for FF to sit unused). F-Secure Key (too much crashes and login/pw bars sometimes doesn't auto fill, slight delay when manually writing in, will use brain and paper for now :D those password managers have never been my type of software).
changed: UAC to MAX
added: Symantec Endpoint Protection (always been in my sight, but never really used it, since i can run unmanaged version for free and theres not much difference between NIS, i do like it a lot and it has perfect firewall management which i was looking for, since i hate windows firewall, worth to mention that it does not exceed 20mb in RAM, no impact on system performance, atleast for me)

Last edited by a moderator:
N

Noxx

Thread author
Very strange that Emsisoft is running so heavy for you. Were you running it with any other real-time protection? I tried using it alongside Norton and that wasn't going to fly. In any case, Norton is awesome and you're in very good hands.

D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

Thread author
Yeh, with ZAM, but i did make exclusions so programs don't interfere, i believe it was a firewall, i did remember EIS became a lot more responsive after disabling memory optimization in settings, but still it was noticable slowness in system, even though i have used Emsisoft products for over a 9 months, i didn't run into any problems until now, maybe it was my fault at some point configuring it or some of my other software was interfering with EIS firewall, i don't know

D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

Thread author
removed: Slimjet
added: Cent Browser, Firefox Beta, Emsisoft Emergency Kit, NVT Exe Radar Pro, CryptoPrevent Premium

Had installed Adguard, because wanted to replace uBlock Origin with System wide Adblocker. Didn't work for me. Adguard Browser extension is pain, for some web pages it shows, for some sites it does not appear and pc felt heavy, probably because of https scaning or WFP network driver. Adguard didn't convince me so removed for now.

N

Noxx

Thread author
removed: Slimjet
added: Cent Browser, Firefox Beta, Emsisoft Emergency Kit, NVT Exe Radar Pro, CryptoPrevent Premium

Had installed Adguard, because wanted to replace uBlock Origin with System wide Adblocker. Didn't work for me. Adguard Browser extension is pain, for some web pages it shows, for some sites it does not appear and it felt heavy, probably because of https scaning or WFP network driver. Adguard didn't convince me so removed for now.

I've heard both uBlock AND Adguard (mostly uBlock) users switching because one or the other broke pages. Hmmmm. You will however be satisfied with NVT Eve Radar Pro and CryptoPrevent. I won't forgive you for dropping Slimjet, though! :cool:

D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

Thread author
I've heard both uBlock AND Adguard (mostly uBlock) users switching because one or the other broke pages. Hmmmm. You will however be satisfied with NVT Eve Radar Pro and CryptoPrevent. I won't forgive you for dropping Slimjet, though! :cool:
just because Cent is even more customizable than Slimjet, try it if you haven't already :D

D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

Thread author
removed: NVT Exe Radar Pro (not needed for my current config)
added: Slimjet (had no reason to remove it, since i use different browsers from time to time)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.