F-Secure Freedome VPN
File and Photo backup
35GB OneDrive
System recovery
Macrium Reflect (Free)
D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

Thread author
removed: Symantec Endpoint Protection (enough with it for now, even tho firewall is godlike, its my second option to go if in some way EIS is malfunctioning), EEK (not needed for current config), Firefox Beta (i was rarely using it)
added: Emsisoft Internet Security (following update changelog and will give it another go, looks like from last time i was using it problem was with Beta updates enabled, from now on will use only Stable), Norton Power Eraser, AdwCleaner, F-Secure KEY (back to it, contacted support and most of my issues i had with it are gone now)

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

Thread author
A lot changes. So, from the beginning.. i don't have my Win 10 Enterprise key anymore, so going back to Win 10 Pro, its a big downgrade for me, because i was using Windows AppLocker. Fresh clean system now. Also i am using Local Account instead of M$. For real-time protection i am using now Emsisoft Anti-Malware, Windows Firewall Control by BiniSoft, AppGuard, Shadow Defender, also i have moved to ssd, so Rollback RX had to go away. Updated other fields.

15.05.2016: Contacted with my University, got my Education version, but i will still be using AppGuard instead of Windows AppLocker.

D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

Thread author
added: Webroot SecureAnywhere AV, VoodooShield Pro (Works well together)
removed: EIS (takes alot disk space), HitmanPro.Alert (not needed with WSA), Shadow Defender (most stuff is done in virtual machine, don't need on main system) and Windows Defender is disabled as well.

also many of my programs are portable now, since i use only 120GB SSD and 500GB external drive, i had a good reason to slim down my security config.

D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

Thread author
added: ReHIPS Beta, PrivaZer (portable), changed default search engine from Google to DuckDuckGo for increased privacy, now using Microsoft Account, UAC is set to ask for password, changed OpeDNS DNS servers back to my ISP ones.

EDIT: Some people are suggesting avast!, even the free version with Hardening Mode on.. i'm not ready yet, and i don't know where i could fit it in current config, i need to do more research :D

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
Take you time, bro. :p I'm 101% sure that you'll like it. :D
sorry for asking here
EIS and avast free/IS, which one is better in your opinion? :D
I know avast probably runs lighter than EIS but everyone says EIS has the best of both world, detection and behavior blocker are very strong and highly developed

D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

Thread author
sorry for asking here
EIS and avast free/IS, which one is better in your opinion? :D
I know avast probably runs lighter than EIS but everyone says EIS has the best of both world, detection and behavior blocker are very strong and highly developed
No problem, you already answered your question :p I would choose EIS as well.

D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

Thread author
added: Local Account, Vivaldi Browser, VT Hash Check, F-secure Freedom (re-added), Revo Uninstaller Pro (re-added)

removed: DuckDuckGo search engine (Sometimes confusing results, Google search suggestions are better, even tho google keeps my search history i don't give a ***** as long as i don't buy weapons or hire a hitman :D), Microsoft Account (Not using any desktop e-mail apps, not using OneDrive, all Sync is disabled as well, no reason to use M$ account), IObit Uninstaller (end of an era for me with IObit products)

Advices taken from Black Viper | www.blackviper.com – Have You Tweaked Your OS Lately? to disable/uninstall unused W10Edu services, Vivaldi Browser is wonderful and colorful :D If i had license for Hitman.Pro Alert, i might remove Webroot, but then again, Windows Defender must be enabled for that baseline protection.. and maybe swap Voodooshield for AppGuard. Sadly HMP.A and AG are a bit costly programs for my wallet right now, but VS and ReHIPS plays so well together, i don't even want to exchange them for anything else :rolleyes:

D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

Thread author
added: Sandboxie
removed: ReHIPS (still very new product and i like its concept and would like to look at it again when it goes public, i just don't feel its necessary to use it together with VS), VoodooShield BETA (when freeze problem will be resolved, i will add it back)

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
added: Sandboxie
removed: ReHIPS (still very new product and i like its concept and would like to look at it again when it goes public, i just don't feel its necessary to use it together with VS), VoodooShield BETA (when freeze problem will be resolved, i will add it back)
Hey buddy :)
Let Dan know your having this freeze issue still. I had it back about 3 versions ago but not anymore.
It should be a non issue if you were running a current version of VS, Dan may be interested to know
your still experiencing issues if you were running the most recent version.
It will let him know that his fix isnt 100% just yet.
PeAcE

D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

Thread author
Hey buddy :)
Let Dan know your having this freeze issue still. I had it back about 3 versions ago but not anymore.
It should be a non issue if you were running a current version of VS, Dan may be interested to know
your still experiencing issues if you were running the most recent version.
It will let him know that his fix isnt 100% just yet.
PeAcE
Aye, i already msg'ed him on the wilders some time ago about 3.30, i'll better wait until he makes final announcment what was causing the freeze issue, i will leave testing VS for others, i don't have hours to sit and check how each version behaves. :p

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Aye, i already msg'ed him on the wilders some time ago about 3.30, i'll better wait until he makes final announcment what was causing the freeze issue, i will leave testing VS for others, i don't have hours to sit and check how each version behaves. :p
No worries, and I'm glad your sorted out now my friend.
PeAcE

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.