User Access Control
Always notify
Real-time security
Emsisoft Antimalware Home
Voodosheild in smart mode
Firewall security
Microsoft Defender Firewall
About custom security
1. Fresh phishing host files are imported regularly to increase surf protection for Emsisoft
2. Tinywall for manually create windows firewall
3. Auto play and Auto run is disabled via GPE
4.standard account is used in default tasks (administrator for installing new software which require elevated privileges).
Periodic malware scanners
Malwarebytes on demand Scanner
NPE
KAV
Zemana
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Google Chrome
Emsisoft Browser Extension
Netcraft
Ublock origion with custom filters
Malwarebyes browser guard
Adguard (installed through Desktop application)
HTTPs Everywhere
Maintenance tools
Wise Disk cleaner
keepass password safe (for local password storage)
File and Photo backup
Manually backup on external hard drive
System recovery
AOMEI Backupper professional
Risk factors
    • Logging into my bank account
    • Downloading software and files from reputable sites
    • Streaming audio/video content from shady sites
    • Browsing to unknown / untrusted / shady sites
Computer specs
HP probook laptop
Intel processor
core I5
6 Gigabyte ram

Zemana

Dec 31, 2019
For Virus Removal, Zemana is a good choice. Also, I have been trying a lot lately to download real time AV. So far, I havn't been able to do that 2-way customization of Windows Defender living off with an AV because they disabled each other. If How did you seamlessly integrate Windows Firewall with Emisoft?

Sampei Nihira

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Dec 26, 2019
Hi DDE do you use default DNS?

In my opinion, you use too many redundant extensions for security with your browser.
You could decrease them in favor of customized lists with UBO.

Then of course feel free to do as you please.(y)
I expressed my opinion only because you requested it.;)
Otherwise I would never allow myself.

Venustus

Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
For Virus Removal, Zemana is a good choice. Also, I have been trying a lot lately to download real time AV. So far, I havn't been able to do that 2-way customization of Windows Defender living off with an AV because they disabled each other. If How did you seamlessly integrate Windows Firewall with Emisoft?
Emsisoft does not have a dedicated firewall,so windows firewall is used without any security centre problems:)

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Browsers and Extensions
Google Chrome
Emsisoft Browser Extension
Netcraft
Ublock origion with custom filters
Malwarebyes browser guard
Adguard (installed through Desktop application)
Mcafee web advisor
HTTPs Everywhere
Personally I would keep Emsisoft (because you use their AV). Netcraft (excels in phishing and especially card skimmers) and AdGuard because you have their desktop extension for system-wide blocking) and lose all the others.

DDE_Server

Level 22
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 5, 2017
No problem your opinion is welcomed ;) ;)
no i didnot use specific Dns but iam looking for good one other than google
Hi DDE do you use default DNS?

In my opinion, you use too many redundant extensions for security with your browser.
You could decrease them in favor of customized lists with UBO.

Then of course feel free to do as you please.(y)
I expressed my opinion only because you requested it.;)
Otherwise I would never allow myself.

DDE_Server

Level 22
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 5, 2017
Emsisoft by default comes with windows firewall fortification which is compatible with built in windows firewall ( i am using Tinywall for creating firwall rules )
also nice discussion about it between members here @plat1098 @Fabian Wosar is in the following link:

DDE_Server

Level 22
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 5, 2017
Personally I would keep Emsisoft (because you use their AV). Netcraft (excels in phishing and especially card skimmers) and AdGuard because you have their desktop extension for system-wide blocking) and lose all the others.
I think Malwarebytes Browser guard is strong against online scammer which there isn't any other extension provide this feature :unsure:
removed McAfee seems unnecessary module

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
I think Malwarebytes Browser guard is strong against online scammer which there isn't any other extension provide this feature :unsure:
removed McAfee seems unnecessary module
Correct, but thinking of Netcraft, it also has strong protection as seen here: Q&A - HEUR:Trojan-PSW.Script.Generic and here: Q&A - A site only detected by Kaspersky and Netcraft
So IMO having Emsisoft, MalwareBytes and Netcraft is a bit much and some overlapping protection.
I would choose between MalwareBytes and Netcraft, but it's your system :D

DDE_Server

Level 22
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 5, 2017
Correct, but thinking of Netcraft, it also has strong protection as seen here: Q&A - HEUR:Trojan-PSW.Script.Generic and here: Q&A - A site only detected by Kaspersky and Netcraft
So IMO having Emsisoft, MalwareBytes and Netcraft is a bit much and some overlapping protection.
I would choose between MalwareBytes and Netcraft, but it's your system :D
Also HTTP s Everywhere isn't redundant as it is force https encryption which no other extension i use do that ;) ;)

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Also HTTP s Everywhere isn't redundant as it is force https encryption which no other extension i use do that ;) ;)
Also correct, but with most websites going to https I don't feel the need anymore for an enforcing extension. (y)
I try (but don't always succeed, the trouble with visiting forums like this one ;)) to use as little 3rd party extensions and apps as possible.
For example if I use AdGuard (lifetime licence holder) and or uBlock Origin I feel websites load a little faster, browser is snappier with uBlock Origin alone. So I use uBlock Origin alone now.

Sampei Nihira

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Dec 26, 2019
I also think of it as @Gandalf_The_Grey would eliminate Netcraft.
I am writing below an excellent list against Phishing that you can also find in FilterList:

Phishing Army Extended

You also have Chrome's Google Safe Browsing.
You can also enter a DNS that also protects against Phishing:

OpenDNS,AdGuard DNS.........................

P.S.
On January 26th I will come to your wonderful Country for the sixth time.(y)
An 8 day holiday in Sharm.

DDE_Server

Level 22
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 5, 2017
I also think of it as @Gandalf_The_Grey would eliminate Netcraft.
I am writing below an excellent list against Phishing that you can also find in FilterList:

Phishing Army Extended

You also have Chrome's Google Safe Browsing.
You can also enter a DNS that also protects against Phishing:

OpenDNS,AdGuard DNS.........................

P.S.
On January 26th I will come to your wonderful Country for the sixth time.(y)
An 8 day holiday in Sharm.
Thanks for Phishing list
oh you are welcome
hope you enjoy there . sharm el sheikh on of the best beaches in egypt especially in winter you sure will enjoy ;) ;)

DDE_Server

Level 22
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 5, 2017
Nice addition and nice setup, but why both Emsi and MBG? And why both Adguard desktop and µBO? :unsure:
Emsisoft is SO SO in web protection so i am using import phishing host rules download regularly from Phishing Army | The Blocklist to filter Phishing! and stevenblack which block a lot of telemetry too
MBG is excellent against online scammer and some telemetry blocking
Adgaurd + UBO may be somehow redundant but i didnot face browser performance issues so no problem keeping both . i am thinking to remove UBO since i found some filters of it enabled by default in Adguard "Such as Easy list in my desktop App

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.