User Access Control
Always notify
Real-time security
Emsisoft Antimalware Home
Voodosheild in smart mode
Firewall security
Microsoft Defender Firewall
About custom security
1. Fresh phishing host files are imported regularly to increase surf protection for Emsisoft
2. Tinywall for manually create windows firewall
3. Auto play and Auto run is disabled via GPE
4.standard account is used in default tasks (administrator for installing new software which require elevated privileges).
Periodic malware scanners
Malwarebytes on demand Scanner
NPE
KAV
Zemana
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Google Chrome
Emsisoft Browser Extension
Netcraft
Ublock origion with custom filters
Malwarebyes browser guard
Adguard (installed through Desktop application)
HTTPs Everywhere
Maintenance tools
Wise Disk cleaner
keepass password safe (for local password storage)
File and Photo backup
Manually backup on external hard drive
System recovery
AOMEI Backupper professional
Risk factors
    • Logging into my bank account
    • Downloading software and files from reputable sites
    • Streaming audio/video content from shady sites
    • Browsing to unknown / untrusted / shady sites
Computer specs
HP probook laptop
Intel processor
core I5
6 Gigabyte ram

oldschool

Level 82
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
@DDE_Server "What about Tinywall plus only HC +Emsisoft.what do you think is Tiny wall is needed or Not @oldschool ? i like to hear your opinion"

That's a good setup but you have Emsi + VS + TinyWall already. Does that combo not serve you well? H_C and VS would be interchangeable in your current config. In all of these matters about setups, it comes down to user preference, as you can see from the replies to @Thales ' setup.

DDE_Server

Level 22
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 5, 2017
@DDE_Server "What about Tinywall plus only HC +Emsisoft.what do you think is Tiny wall is needed or Not @oldschool ? i like to hear your opinion"

That's a good setup but you have Emsi + VS + TinyWall already. Does that combo not serve you well? H_C and VS would be interchangeable in your current config. In all of these matters about setups, it comes down to user preference, as you can see from the replies to @Thales ' setup.
iam thinking to remove VS "as it interferes a lot while compiling code in Visual studio code IDE but could i use HC as default deny to replace VS :unsure: :unsure: ??

Andy Ful

From Hard_Configurator Tools
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014
You can try the H_C beta 5.0.0.1. Its Recommended Settings will allow much of Visual studio jobs, because the user Appdata folder is whitelisted for EXE, TMP (and MSI) files.
The ver. 5.0.0.0 would require some special whitelisting.

Andy Ful

Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014

DDE_Server

Level 22
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 5, 2017

Andy Ful

Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014
could i install above existing stable version or should i uninstall the installed version ?? or work together ??
Install over the 5.0.0.0, run H_C and press <Recommended Settings>.
Next, look into whitelisted entries - you can delete the whitelisted entries from user AppData or ProgramData folders (except whitelisted scripts). The default H_C whitelisting of these folders is smarter than the entries added by users.

DDE_Server

Level 22
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 5, 2017
Install over the 5.0.0.0, run H_C and press <Recommended Settings>.
Next, look into whitelisted entries - you can delete the whitelisted entries from user AppData or ProgramData folders (except whitelisted scripts). The default H_C whitelisting of these folders is smarter than the entries added by users.
what about any other rule created by user will be kept or deleted ?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.